Corsair Community

Proper wiring for 4000x case with H100 Elite Capellix and ML/LL exhaust

macg3nius

I am very confused about how to properly wire a 4000x case with an H100 Elite Capellix and an ML/LL fan for exhaust. I've read a bunch of posts on Reddit and here but its still not 100% clear how to make the fans all sync for some of the iCUE effects.

Questions:

I've read that you can't put different fan models into the same hub if you want them to sync. I am assuming means you can't mix and match ML/LL and SP fans on say the case's built in lighting core but does this apply to the commander core as well?

1) What is the best way to wire the fans for this setup if I want the fans to sync nicely?

1a)SP120s on the front to the case lighting core node and lighting core node to commander core?

1b)SP120s to Lighting core node to Motherboard, ML fans of H100 + ML exhaust fan to commander core to motherboard?

1c)All fans into the commander core included with the AIO?

2)Will the Commander Core be able to control fan speed on all the fans?

Important parts of the Build:

Corsair 4000x

• 3x SP120 RGB fans
  • Lighting core

H100 Elite Capellix

• 2x ML120 RGB fans
  • Commander core

ML/LL fan for the rear -- I Haven't decided yet which. LL probably looks "better" but the ML would likely match the look of the front SP and ML fans on the H100 better.

Edited by macg3nius

• Corsair Employee

Hey Macg3nius

You can place all 6 fans on the commander core for fan control.

For the rear fan, I would suggest getting another SP RGB fan. You will not be able to put an LL or an ML on the lighting node core along with the SP fans.

If you want an ML fan, or an LL fan in the rear, you will need to either:

Change out the front 3 fans so you have matching fans

Buy another RGB hub + Lighting node pro to control that single fan (expensive option)

You should always try and match as many fans in your case, so for now, I would just get a single SP RGB fan and use that in the rear. Alternatively, I would get 4 LL's or QL's to replace the SP's with, but again, that is an expensive option.

Hey Macg3nius

You can place all 6 fans on the commander core for fan control.

For the rear fan, I would suggest getting another SP RGB fan. You will not be able to put an LL or an ML on the lighting node core along with the SP fans.

If you want an ML fan, or an LL fan in the rear, you will need to either:

Change out the front 3 fans so you have matching fans

Buy another RGB hub + Lighting node pro to control that single fan (expensive option)

You should always try and match as many fans in your case, so for now, I would just get a single SP RGB fan and use that in the rear. Alternatively, I would get 4 LL's or QL's to replace the SP's with, but again, that is an expensive option.

Great, I can exchange the exhaust LL for a SP fan.

For the RGB control then, should I plug the (2) ML fans (incl w/ H100) into the Commander Core and the (4) SP fans into the case Lighting Node core (LNC)? Does the LNC plug into the Commander Core in any way or both interface to the Motherboard directly?

• Corsair Employee

All of your fans has two wires coming out of them

One for powering the fan and make it spin - this one is the biggest plug and all of your fans should be inserted into the commander core.

One for RGB control - these should all be inserted into the lighting node core.

Both should have an internal USB plug, and needs to be put into your motherboard. Hope that helps:)

One for RGB control - these should all be inserted into the lighting node core.

The Commander core has 6 plugs for the RGB. Wouldn't I plug the ML RGB harness into the Commander Core?

Commander Core Power:

(4) SP + (2) ML (from H100)

Commander Core RGB:

(2) ML (from H100)

Lighting Node Core (RGB):

(4) SP

EieMSsMUwAAYcFg.jpg:large

as requested by the OP..

SP and SP Pro fans are 3 PIN voltage controlled. and unfortunately the Commander Core can only control PWM fans. SP elite as included with the 4000x are PWM

Specs for Elite AIO here

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=200186

and Specs for SP and SP Pro Fans here.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=938290&postcount=7

replace that rear SP fan with an ML RGB fan and you would be good to go.. it only has 4 LED's but as its the end of the chain it wouldnt really matter aside from effects like PONG.

Note. i am waiting on the full specs for the SP Elite fans so i can add them to my FAQ. unfortunately you have to buy the 4000x to own these fans at the moment so i have not been able to buy any for review and to add to the faqs.

Edited by Zotty