Corsair Community

My 4 sticks running at 266mhz! Help Please!!

imagineuk75

Hi there previously I was using 1gm of memory, the 2 ticks I were using in slots 1 and 3 on my ASUS P4C800 Deluxe were:

Corsair TwinX CMX512-3200C2PRO

Recently I purchased another 2 sticks to go up to 2gb total system memory.

So I ordered the the spec! Corsair TwinX CMX512-3200C2PRO!!

So these sticks went into the remaining free slots 2 and 4!

So now I have 2gb and all 4 slots used! however my system is no longer using 400mhz speed - it has now gone down to 266mhz speed!!!

At first I didnt understand because I was using the SAME specification memory modules! However there I found a slight tiny difference (this could never be known when order extra ram from a supplier) on the memory module there is a revision number!

My original memory (XMS3202 V2.3)

The new meory (XMS3202 V4.1)

This is unfair how am I suppose to order memory modules knowing the same revision number!! When I did a check in Sanda Pro it stated my original memory as just Corsair CMX512-3200C2 and the new memory modules as Corsair CMX512-3200C2 Pro - so even the original memory module being Pro as well it wasnt being shown as Pro!!! both these memory modules have different timings so I am thinking thats why it has gone down to 266Mhz speed!!

What I would like to know - Do I have to replace the original memory module I have and purchase another set of meory modules matching the ones I just purchase to get the full 400Mhz speed from all the slots being used.

OR..Can I do this work around

in my BIOS (Latest bios for ASUS P4C800 Deluxe)

I have selected disabled for SPD timings and set the timings to 2 3 3 6 8

and enabled Acceleration.

for the CPU I selected Manual and then changed the DDR from AUTO to 400

So now my system detects my memory at 400mhz - BUT because I am forcing it to 400mhz (when the system automatically detects it as 266mhz) and I still causing it to slow down??

Please can you reply to this ASAP as I need to sort this out.

thnaks in advance

Christopher West

• Corsair Employee

Christopher,

First thing, is I am sorry but we do not officially support moxing modules and only one set of Twinx would be gaurenteed at the tested settings. But you can try these settings manually and see if the system is stable with http://www.memtest.org.

Please try these settings after you load setup defaults.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%/DDR400

Dim Voltage to 2.85 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/400DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled (Must be disabled when using Memtest)

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org.

Archived