Corsair Community

Bad Memory

I'm open to suggestions. I bought a value select 1gb memory module kit from Newegg. At the same time I bought a athlon64 3000+ cpu and a MSI k8n neo platinum motherboard. I coudn't get windows to install. I tried tons of memory settings and putting the memory in different slots. When I disabled the quick post in the bios it would give me a memory error. I tried it with only one stick of memory and everything works. I assumed that the MSI board didn't like 2 sticks of memory until I tried to setup my old asus a7n8x system for the kids. It wouldn't work with the 2nd stick either. I tried swapping the sticks the first stick works in both boards the second one doesn't work in either. I don't think it is a setting problem because the first stick works. I have memtest for windows and right mark memory analyzer, but I can't get windows to load with the 2nd stick to run any tests. What should I do?

Thanks,

Blaine

I got tons of errors with VS 1GB pair. I had all kinds of WIN XP problems before I tested the memory. I haven't changed configs for the memory, though since I am completely illiterate in this issue. You said memory configurator? Should I look at this site for some config specs (I looked at the compatibility page, and my mobo was not listed)

Thanks

Archived