Corsair Community

Custom fan curves with H150i Elite Capellix possible

Thorrior

Hello,

I'm about to build a new PC when the Ryzen 5000 CPUs are available. I already got everything I need, except the motherboard, AiO and of course the CPU. For RGB I'm going full Corsair (LL fans for case and AiO and Dominator RGB RAM). Of course I also wanted to get the Capellix 360 AiO as I really like the lighting.

But today I read a review on the German magazin Computerbase. And they said that you can not set individual fan curves based on temperature. Instead you can select between 4 presets.

Now my question is, can I just connect the pump to the commander core and the AiO fans straight to the motherboard for fan control and still use commander pro for RGB?

That's not accurate. The Commander Core has 6 individually addressable PWM headers. You can use the low/medium/high (and zero mode) presets, but most people will be using a custom curve. This is created in the Performance tab (Optionen) by clicking the + symbol. The graph will appear below. The graph is hidden on the presets. As the Commander Core is likely to become the fan controller for the entire case, many users may opt for different fan profiles for different fan locations.

However, the PWM fan controller aspect is not required for the cooler to function. If for whatever reason you want the radiator fans controlled from the MB headers, you can do that as well. You still do need the Commander Core for the pump and lighting aspects.

Thanks for the clarification. I will go for the Capellix then.

In my current system I'm using a Fractal Design Celsius+ and I wasn't happe with the standard configuration (fans connected directly to the pump via the fan hub on the radiator). I couldn't control the fans separately from the pump, so I connected them on the motherboard instead and have the pump running at full speed all the time and control the fans with PWM.

So I'll stick with my original plan to get the Capellix.

But I have another question. I already got 3 LL140 fans for my case and according to what I read about the commander core, it can't control the lighting for 2 different types of fans (LL and ML). I guess it's okay to replace the original fans of the AiO with the LL120?

But I have another question. I already got 3 LL140 fans for my case and according to what I read about the commander core, it can't control the lighting for 2 different types of fans (LL and ML). I guess it's okay to replace the original fans of the AiO with the LL120?

I don't have one to play around with yet, but I will explain this as it was told to me. The Commander Core uses an auto-detect feature for designating Corsair RGB fan type. When it detects multiple fan types, it will use the LED count for the largest one. In your situation for the 8 LEDs of the ML-Elite and 16 LEDs of the LL, it would program it as 16-16-16-16-16-16 (and not 8-8-8-16-16-16 or vice versa). For solid colors or stationary patterns, this likely has little to no effect. However, for dynamic moving patters it should mean the program "ghost renders" an extra 8 LEDs that cannot be displayed for the ML-Elite fans. That would be appear like a pause in between fans on moving patterns.

The only way around this is to run LL and ML-Elite on separate circuits, keeping the LL on their current RGB Hub + LNP (?) and then putting the ML-Elite on the Commander Core. This lets you then truthfully designate each set, but then they will act like two programmable sets of fans - not one.

See the thread here from the top of this section: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=200186