Corsair Community

AIO corsair h60 coolant line blew

FabGenMike

Hello all I'm new here and I hope this is the right p!ace to post this. I bought a used computer few months ago off of fb market place. It worked great and I was happy with it.

In Sept I went away for a week and when I came back I booted up my computer, it was making a off noise like a fan vibrating. I shut it down to reboot it as it was running slow. When I rebooted it it went to the bios screen and wouldn't shut down. I had to pull the power core to turn it off.

When I took off the side panel I could see that the coolant line had ruptured. There was dried coolant everywhere inside the case. All over my mobo, gpu, ssd,her everywhere.

Now what I'm getting at is since I bought this second hand and don't have a receipt and I screwed? Is there anything I can do or should I just write it off and start with a new system?

Thank you very much for any help anyone can give.

The warranty for Corsair products is non-transferable, so you have a problem with lack of proof of purchase and being the second owner. You can contact them through the Support Ticket System link at the top of the page and see what they say. Warranty laws vary by country/locality, so I can’t definitely say you’re out of luck. Sorry.

screwed for screwed, if i were you i'd disassemble the whole PC, including removing the mobo's battery, and go to town on it in the sink, and try to rinse all that dried coolant.

Final rinse with distilled water..

let everything thoroughly dry, then assemble it outside of the case just for testing, CPU with an aircooler if you have one lounging about and see if it boots.

With water ingress, there's a chance it shorted the power supply and it only went into short circuit protection without damaging anything (even if the system looks dry, there's possibly some water remaining in the PCIE sockets or other areas where it takes a long time to evaporate).

now there's also good chances some components received 12V where they shouldnt and the whole system is toast.