Corsair Community

iCue keeps creating new profiles and switching to them automatically.

Gar1234

Hi,

I've used Corsair products with iCue over the last year without issue

However, for the past few weeks, I have a reoccurring issue with iCue creating three profiles on its own and then automatically switching to one of them while I'm in the middle of gaming.

The profiles it creates and switches to are titled as the following,

IRONCLAW RGB HW 1

IRONCLAW RGB HW 2

IRONCLAW RGB HW 3

It doesn't matter how many times I delete these profiles, they come back as soon as the computer restarts. As for the automatic switching to a different profile, there's no pattern to it or a specific game that will trigger it. Some days it doesn't happen at all and some days it happens multiple times.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled iCue, and I have it completely up to date. Any ideas on how I can fix this? It's very frustrating.

Edited by Gar1234
  • Like 1

Those are the three hardware profiles for your mouse. They are how you save lighting and actions to the mouse for use when CUE is not running. The mouse is loading them back to the software every time you start the program, as it is programmed to do. There is no reason to delete them.

Can you explain more about how/when it changes to these other profiles? Does CUE crash? The most likely reason is you are unintentionally hitting the profile switch on the mouse itself. If you only have 1 mouse profile, you can deactivate the profile up/down buttons by crating a new action in CUE, and then assigning the disable function.

The CUE profile tree is also top down hierarchy, so make sure you keep the software profiles on top and the HW profiles down below. The program will not use a HW profile as the default and should skip over them, but you most people don't have a daily use for the HW profiles.

I had that happening with a keyboard too.. you can go to the device hardware profiles and erase the 3 memory slots if you do not have use for them when iCUE is closed.

That will prevent iCUE from downloading them every time.

That said, it only happened when iCUE was loading at computer startup..

• 5 months later...
Those are the three hardware profiles for your mouse. They are how you save lighting and actions to the mouse for use when CUE is not running. The mouse is loading them back to the software every time you start the program, as it is programmed to do. There is no reason to delete them.

Why it automatically then load those, if i have made my own default profile, it should always load it. Not self create random profile.

It is definetly sowtware bug and i got enough this icue, so changing mice to other brand. Customers are voting with wallet if not fixed issues.

Why it automatically then load those, if i have made my own default profile, it should always load it. Not self create random profile.

It is definetly sowtware bug and i got enough this icue, so changing mice to other brand. Customers are voting with wallet if not fixed issues.

The program cannot load the HW profiles when CUE is running. I suspect you are confused about the basic operation, but there is not enough information for me to help you. You may want to watch some of the basic tutorial videos below.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=176105