Corsair Community

LL120 RGB Fans Constantly At 1700RPM

Feanan

What fans are these? You might try setting the Commander port setting manually -- either "3 pin" for DC fans or "4 pin" for PWM.

Make sure you are actually applying the curve to the fans. Creating the curve isn't enough. You need to click the fan curve program on the left. It will highlight yellow. Then click all the fans on the right you want to run that program. They should ring yellow on each click.

Default Quiet/Balanced/Extreme presets on the Commander typically produce this result for most users. It's set to run off CPU temp, the only thing every system is guaranteed to have. However, this is not the best use a fan controller and most every other variable choice will be more useful. Depending on your system, you are likely to get more appropriate control from motherboard or GPU temp. You need to then shape the curve points to match that temperature range.

They're LL120 fans, I applied the fixed 0RPM curves correctly, under the RPM of the fan it's labelled as Custom 2, which is the 0RPM one. Even when changing the curve to start based on the temperature of my ram, they stay at 1700RPM.

None of this should matter. It should all work as soon as you plug in. In the past, we have seen single fan ports get stuck at 100%. That can be the port or a bad fan. When all 6 are stuck at 100%, that’s something else and it can’t be 6 stuck headers or 6 stuck fans.

99% of users reporting all their fans at maximum have made a user/settings error, either on the preset curves, wrong fan type in settings (4 pin for a 3 pin fan), or haven’t applied the curve properly to the fans. I think we’ve covered that above. If you are sure on those things, you can try a force flash of the Commander’s firmware.

Settings. Check for update. It will tell you it’s up to date. Force update. It should take 5-8 seconds. The fans should go max as this happens. If this does not work, I would contact Corsair support. Is the Commander brand new? Did it ever work properly?