Corsair Community

ICUE and Link being detected via Anti Cheat

Matt-G

Can you please elaborate on this? How can i do that?

Do you have a Corsair AOI? If so, in iQUE > Performance > Create a new profile > custom curve > make one and use the Senor of your AIO.

Do the same for the fan controller.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to chime in here and say that I have same problem with iCue.

Contacted Riot, they gave me a few options on how to fix it and none worked. I will be contacting them with logs and asking if they can whitelist it. Otherwise we will have to wait for Corsair to fix it.

Also, related but unrelated... In same week when Vanguard, iCue and FACEIT AC were updated, that is when the problem started.

Vanguard does not like iCue's CPUz currently and FACEIT AC does not like Afterburner (newest version) for some unknown reason. FACEIT AC wouldn't even lunch, after few reboots, safe mode uninstalls and some tinkering, I got FACEIT AC to work, but Vanguard is impossible if you want your iCUE to work properly. My CPU was even cooking once (as I forgot to edit fan curves since they were based on CPU temp). Now I put my fan curves to be based on AIO temps, and AIO is on extreme (just in case).

Looks like pre-set profiles are based on the CPU-Z readings which is a big issue imo. It should fallback to the AOI sensor if the readings from CPU-Z fail.

@Corsair, maybe an idea to implement such a fallback while the issue is being fixed at CPUID?

I tried this for Battleye. It did not make a difference at all. I will keep digging and see what else I can figure out.

Update: It used to be the H100I then it was the ST100. Now it is the Lighting Node Pro that goes out on Battleye game launching. As it scrambles my static color back to default rainbow on launch. I'm guessing each time ICUE updated it changed devices?

Do you have a Corsair AOI? If so, in iQUE > Performance > Create a new profile > custom curve > make one and use the Senor of your AIO.

Do the same for the fan controller.

Edited by KILLER_K

for some reasons my fans are working fine and same for the AiO but I can't manage my keyboard using the software, and this is quite annoying since I use the stream deck integration with my K95 and the shortcuts don't work anymore

Anything from Corsair at this point? We needed this problem fixed years ago.

I don't think this issues is going to be resolved quite that fast.

Vanguard seem to be blocking more Vulnerable and Exploitable software each day since more people are getting the errors. So CPUID and each of the vendor have quite a problem on there hand

I have seen so far

MSI Dragon Center

MSI After Burner

MSI Mystic Light

NZXT CAM

Corsair iCue

Corsair Link

Ryzen Master

HWMonitor

CPUz

Anything from Corsair at this point? We needed this problem fixed years ago.

Corsair has already responded to this. The issue is related to the CPUID DLL that they use for system monitoring. They are actively engaged with CPUID to get this fixed.

As for having this problem fixed "years ago" ... puhleeze. This just popped up and it's something that Valorant is doing and they didn't tell anyone about it. So how could it have been fixed "years ago"?

this was on twitter 4 hrs ago so we know cpuid knows which is good.

CORSAIR Support

@CorsairSupport

@ITweetBBQ

Hello. Riot's Vanguard is blocking out critical files that many hardware monitoring applications use, not just us. Regardless though, we are working together with CPUID to address this and will have an update as soon as it is available.

I reported issues with Battleye freaking out as well. Negative on it is an issue that just popped up. This was happening when Corsair and Asus teamed up for lighting as well. Now another Anti-cheat software has flagged it as well. But thanks for the information.

Corsair has already responded to this. The issue is related to the CPUID DLL that they use for system monitoring. They are actively engaged with CPUID to get this fixed.

As for having this problem fixed "years ago" ... puhleeze. This just popped up and it's something that Valorant is doing and they didn't tell anyone about it. So how could it have been fixed "years ago"?

I reported issues with Battleye freaking out as well. Negative on it is an issue that just popped up. This was happening when Corsair and Asus teamed up for lighting as well. Now another Anti-cheat software has flagged it as well. But thanks for the information.

BattleEye is a different root cause - and that's actually a problem with the Asus SDK. Two different issues, two different root causes. And that wasn't even years ago. And because they have different root causes, fixing one doesn't fix the other.

As for fixing it "years ago" ... do you expect them to have a time machine and jump forward to 2020 to see the problems and then go back to, say 2018 (more than 1 year, so "years ago") to fix the issue before it happens? That's just absolutely absurd. Given the track record that the year 2020 has had overall so far, honestly, this is the least of our problems.

If the "We needed this problem fixed years ago." sarcasm upset you then I'm sorry. Sometimes in this world, you need a small smile or laugh. I'm pretty sure others understood it was a joke. For some odd reason, it has really made you mad though.

I know it was an issue with the Asus.dll. I have stated that in all my posts after it was first released. If you would like to talk just PM and we can talk. Again, maybe you are having a bad day or something. Always here to help out or listen.

BattleEye is a different root cause - and that's actually a problem with the Asus SDK. Two different issues, two different root causes. And that wasn't even years ago. And because they have different root causes, fixing one doesn't fix the other.

As for fixing it "years ago" ... do you expect them to have a time machine and jump forward to 2020 to see the problems and then go back to, say 2018 (more than 1 year, so "years ago") to fix the issue before it happens? That's just absolutely absurd. Given the track record that the year 2020 has had overall so far, honestly, this is the least of our problems.

Really don't care about invasive anti-cheat software, wouldn't install something like that on my system. Stopping processes/drivers on boot without asking first is totally uncool.

However, having said that, I really hope this teaches Corsair to keep cpu-z modules updated, as I think this may well impact the iCue dashboard freezing, too - I suspect that use of old modules may well be the cause.

The monitoring *constantly* breaks, and there is no good reason for Corsair to be running anything but the latest version.

Here is the thread for reference:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=178964&page=29

If you had taken the time to read the thread, you would've seen the CVE report from October 2017 of this vunerability. Vanguard simply gave the wake up call for it, because this has been known for 2 and a half years, so he's correct in saying what he's saying.

Edited by Pan32

I remember you on another thread saying that it was the Asus DLL causing troubles :winking:

Which gave me an idea for 2 workarounds that worked for me

Method 1 :

iCue -> Settings -> disable/untick SDK and Plugins -> Restart PC

I don't have any problems with BattleEye now (except with aura software) but at least iCue is still working

Method 2 :

The more "radical" method is to rename the incriminated DLL by changing its extension for example from ".dll" to ".bak" the file is "asus_motherboard_plugin.dll" it's in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins\ASUS\" do it while iCue is closed

I hope it will help you at least a little bit

Edited by GoLLuM-13
added precision about changing extension

I remember you on another thread saying that it was the Asus DLL causing troubles :winking:

Method 1 :

I don't have any problems with BattleEye now (except with aura software) but at least iCue is still working

Method 2 :

The more "radical" method is to rename the incriminated DLL "asus_motherboard_plugin.dll" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins\ASUS\" do it while iCue is closed

Method 1 worked for me. Thank you

I fixed mine a long time ago. But it is what it is.

Method 1: You just need to disable plugins. As it is a plugin issue.

Method 2: Is still the same issue as it is the .dll that is the issue, not the naming of it Not like the long file name problems back in the day.

I don't want to derail this thread with fixes for another problem though/

I remember you on another thread saying that

it was the Asus DLL causing troubles :winking:

Method 1 :

Method 2 :

The more "radical" method is to rename the incriminated DLL "asus_motherboard_plugin.dll" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins\ASUS\" do it while iCue is closed

Has anyone seen an update regarding this issue (Vanguard blocking iCue)? I have a corsair one and with Vanguard installed my corsair one will not show in ICue. Which means I have no fan curve or ability to confirm my pump and rads are working correctly. Super annoying to not have control of my system just to play a game I am really enjoying (Valorant).

Anyone have an idea on what I can do? Im using the Corsair Ironclaw and I had my DPI etc. locked on iCUE because I accidentally kept swapping it, now that I had to uninstall iCUE however I dont know what settings are what and if there is any way I could still lock to one setting without iCUE.

Hope there is a way its quite annoying, also hope Corsair updates it soon.

Hey everyone!

Riotgames released an update to Vanguard yesterday:

8loPIQQ.png

iCUE is now showing temperatures again for my CPU etc. However, it could be; if this is enable, that the game will not start according to the lead AC developer.]

Edited by jpdsc

Hey everyone!

Riotgames released an update to Vanguard yesterday:

8loPIQQ.png

iCUE is now showing temperatures again for my CPU etc. However, it could be; if this is enable, that the game will not start according to the lead AC developer.]

Personally I don't see this as good news. This could work to relieve pressure from Corsair to fix the core issue here; old modules used, with security vulnerabilities.

Personally I don't see this as good news. This could work to relieve pressure from Corsair to fix the core issue here; old modules used, with security vulnerabilities.

Yes, agree. However, the issue has been around since 2008, so waiting a bit longer wouldn't be that big of an issue.

CPUID is working on it, guess we will have to wait for the time being

Yes, agree. However, the issue has been around since 2008, so waiting a bit longer wouldn't be that big of an issue.

CPUID is working on it, guess we will have to wait for the time being

I don't see Corsair updating it even if CPUID fix it. There have been other issues that are very likely due to CPUID that have gone unfixed for over 2 years, and Corsair continue to use an ancient version.

I don't see Corsair updating it even if CPUID fix it. There have been other issues that are very likely due to CPUID that have gone unfixed for over 2 years, and Corsair continue to use an ancient version.

But because the spotlight is so heavy on it right now thanks to Valorant, Corsair has somewhat of a need to update it as to not look bad and disappoint all of their users who play Valorant. Before it was able to went under peoples radars but now it has gained so much attention recently that it would just be plain out dumb to not do anything.

But because the spotlight is so heavy on it right now thanks to Valorant, Corsair has somewhat of a need to update it as to not look bad and disappoint all of their users who play Valorant. Before it was able to went under peoples radars but now it has gained so much attention recently that it would just be plain out dumb to not do anything.

I thought Valorant have put in place a solution now, though? So, surely that has unfortunately removed the pressure from Corsair?

How many people really play Valorant? Except this thread I've never heard of it, despite being a regular PC gamer.