Corsair Community

One Bad Module-XMS TWINX1024

i have(had) 2 Gbs of TWINX1024 (2x512) installed. recently, some memory errors occurred. i tested using Memtest86+. many errors showed up in tests 5 and 7. to find out if it was memory or the DIMM slots, i removed all memory, replacing with new memory i had waiting to go in another build. ran tests several times. no errors. removed new memory. one at a time, i tested each XMS module, in different slots, several times. all but one module was fine. so i need to RMA. however, since this module was one of a matched pair, i should send both back, so i can receive a new matched set, is this correct? by the way, i already tried to RMA from retailer(MonarchComputer) but it is out of their warranty. any and all advice appreciated. thank you in advance

Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

ok- CMX512-3200XLPRO XMS3208v1.1 lot 0438005

Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939

AMD FX-53 2.4 g FSB-200Mhz

everything is auto or default. btw, the auto setting has the mem at 166 giving DDR333.

if i missed anything, please let me know

We have had another user reporting issues with this MB with our Pro modules, can you test them in another system?

im sorry i cant. i will be building another in a week, but not til then. no processor. anyway, if there were a MB problem, wouldnt all 4 modules, show similar errors when tested alon, instead of just the one?

• Corsair Employee

Are you running 4 modules in this MB? and if so are you running the memory at DDR333? And if just one module is failing running one up then we try replacing the module if you like.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Are you running 4 modules in this MB? and if so are you running the memory at DDR333? And if just one module is failing running one up then we try replacing the module if you like.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

yes, i was running 4 modules (2 matched pairs) at DDR333. after firsttest on memtest with all 4 modules in, i tested ONLY single modules, several times and in different slots. ONLY the one module showed errors(many) in test 5 and 7 of memttest. this was also occurring in different slots. the other modules showed no errors when tested alone, in any slots. when i do an RMA, i should send both modules of the matched set, in order to get a matched set in return? thank you

Archived