Corsair Community

Old RGB strips help

Tri

I bought a couple of 4pin rgb strips and i want to use them in my system. however, ive tried everything that i can think of.

i currently have two rgb fan controllers and one lighting node pro with my 3 LL120 fans connected to one of the fan controllers and that controller into the LNpro, and the strips connected serially to the other fan hub and that connected to the other port on the LNpro. do you need to connect them both ways so that the strips coonect back into the LNpro?

im really confused. and when i look around these forums i only see LED strips with 3pin outputs

2091282285_LEDExplanation.png.3cb9f986ceeffaceac08864a3e969f49.png

It's hard for me to understand from your post, but for me I plugged my LED strips right into the node pro, or into an extension that goes into the node pro.

The lighting node pro uses LED strips with 3 pins - 5V, Digital Input, and Ground. There are 2 possibilities for your 4 pin strips:

1 - They only actually use 3 pins, 5V, Digital, and Ground, as in the left of this picture:

https://i.imgur.com/PKSNRAl.jpg If that's the case, you could solder these to their respective connections on a node pro extension cable and plug them in like normal.

2 - They use 4 pins, 12V, Green, Red, and Blue (in the right of the picture above). If this is the case your probably won't be able to use your strips with the LNPro.

The old strips that you have are analog, not addressable, RGB and will only work with the Corsair Commander Mini. It won't work with any of the current addressable RGB devices.

weird, since i bought them with the 2nd fan hub and the fan hub has 4 pins

From where? Corsair? Someone else?

Corsair does have a bundle that comes with a Lighting Node Pro and 4 strips. Those are 5V strips with 3 pins. There is not a Corsair bundle that comes with an RGB Fan LED Hub and strips.

from a seller near me. its fine tho :D

is there a way to buy just the new strips?