Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB LED issue

We are still working on the solution, and I'll let you guys know once I have official word on what I can share. In the mean time, I strongly recommend against opening and trying to solder the PCB since this will void the Lifetime Warranty.

What kind of solution can there be? Can this be fixed by software or firmware upgrade?

We have been waiting for such a long time already. It is unfair for us as we have paid a high premium for these rams.

Edited by MCube74

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our engineering team has been reviewing samples that have been returned, and looking into a solution. Once we have details for all of you on how to proceed, we'll provide an update. Again, since the kit physically works (aside from the LED), I would recommend holding onto the kit until we provide an update. Otherwise if you feel compelled to go through our RMA process, you can do so through the link below:

https://support.corsair.com/

Why is your advice different from the stickied thread? I'm confused which stance is the correct one. Hold on or RMA??

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=203898

I bought two kits of 16GB each, one in July the 2nd in August 2019, and to this date, on a daily use I have never encountered that issue.

I didn't have the LED on full blast, I had them set on the RAIN effect with the slowest speed but I will say that about two weeks ago, I turned them off, I don't like RGB, reason why for my second build I'm going to buy the 175R case and 0/ZERO/ZILCH/NADA RGB.

• Corsair Employee

Quick update. We've identified what was causing the LED discoloration and made the necessary changes on our end. If you have a kit that is experiencing issues, or been holding off on an RMA until a fix is in place, please proceed to submit an RMA. Your replacement kit shouldn't experience any issues, but if it does, feel free to provide us with your feedback.

Quick update. We've identified what was causing the LED discoloration and made the necessary changes on our end. If you have a kit that is experiencing issues, or been holding off on an RMA until a fix is in place, please proceed to submit an RMA. Your replacement kit shouldn't experience any issues, but if it does, feel free to provide us with your feedback.

Nice. Thanks. Mine shipped from TW this am.

Hi

I bought a pair of 16go module in february on the corsair store, only one seems to have the led problem, should i need to do an RMA for the 2 modules?

My setup won't work during the RMA if i return the whole kit...

How many time RMA process takes? (Location - France)

Regards

Edited by Miramax

Thanks! But can you provide a detailed update regarding this issue? So everyone has idea what went wrong.

I have my first RMA 1 month ago and I did not open corsair icue, I think that is the reason, for some reason the voltage is bugging or something in reference to the led of the modules. I won't reinstall it until I know something about the bug. a greeting.

• Corsair Employee
Hi

I bought a pair of 16go module in february on the corsair store, only one seems to have the led problem, should i need to do an RMA for the 2 modules?

My setup won't work during the RMA if i return the whole kit...

How many time RMA process takes? (Location - France)

Regards

We require all modules to be sent back for the RMA as we'll be sending a replacement kit to you. If you need the replacement kit sent first, our support team can work with you to setup an Advanced RMA.

Thanks! But can you provide a detailed update regarding this issue? So everyone has idea what went wrong.

Unfortunately I can't provide specifics, but we've identified and resolved the issue. Based on our findings, replacement kits shouldn't experience the same behavior. If you need a replacement kit, please process the RMA directly through CORSAIR and the retailer for this specific issue.

• Corsair Employee
Got my replacements installed this am. So far so good. Only thing that annoys me a bit is that my previous were samsung and this kit is micron. time will tell if there is a difference in stability.

Keep us posted if you seen similar behavior. There shouldn't be based on what I've been told.

The price premium was for Samsung b die IMO. I see no reason for these to be priced so high if they are using micron now. I’ll turn my led lights off before I downgrade to a less overclockable module. I’ll be holding off for a while before I turn in my very stable sticks.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell us the solution or fix so that people who cannot RMA their product can still fix it?

Keep us posted if you seen similar behavior. There shouldn't be based on what I've been told.

Unfortunately 1/4 sticks has a different yellow than the others. It affects other colours a bit as well. Not really sure what to do now.

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell us the solution or fix so that people who cannot RMA their product can still fix it?

Unfortunately I can't provide the specifics on what was done to correct the issue. Is there a specific reason you're not able to have the kit replaced through RMA? All of our DRAM come with a lifetime warranty, so it should be able to be replaced.

Unfortunately 1/4 sticks has a different yellow than the others. It affects other colours a bit as well. Not really sure what to do now.

Can you update your support ticket if you haven't already. Also, PM me your ticket number so I can reach out to our support team and engineering team about your experience.

Same Issue for me. Just noticed this after about two months of use.

Have you already submitted a request for a replacement kit? If not, please visit our support site for an RMA with our support team:

https://support.corsair.com

Unfortunately I can't provide the specifics on what was done to correct the issue. Is there a specific reason you're not able to have the kit replaced through RMA? All of our DRAM come with a lifetime warranty, so it should be able to be replaced.

Can you update your support ticket if you haven't already. Also, PM me your ticket number so I can reach out to our support team and engineering team about your experience.

Have you already submitted a request for a replacement kit? If not, please visit our support site for an RMA with our support team:

https://support.corsair.com

I have attached an example. I will pm you my ticket number.

Edit: Added a better image.

86526.thumb.jpg.a8bd6fd41566b65dd32b68004b2c750d.jpg

Image.thumb.jpeg.6e937abcb5e26b35f5ae1d8f986e60f8.jpeg

Edited by crazyea

I'm pretty sure Corsair sent me a refurbished kit. None of the kit numbers even match the packaging they sent me.

Its very disappointing on my end to pay premium prices, get a nice Samsung kit, find the led is defective, RMA it, then get sent a Micron kit back, one that seems to be a refurb kit btw, and have it come defective again.

I bought this kit in Dec, sent it back in March. In this early of a timeframe I should have received a new kit.

EDIT: I have been assured the memory is not refurbished, however it is very odd the serials on the sticks don't match the package.

1096166638_Image(1).thumb.jpeg.137abb4f28fc35e9682cc802873a7890.jpeg

Edited by crazyea

We're still looking into this right now, and don't have an update at this time. If you are experiencing LED issues and outside of the retailer return window, you can have the kit RMA'd through our support team:

Once we have an update, we'll pass the information along to all of you.

I have a question. Why do you think its right that I should have to pay shipping for a 500 dollar defective product from Corsair? If Corsair deals in high quality products then why would they make the customer pay for return shipping... doesn't sound like confidence in the product to me.

• 2 weeks later...
We require all modules to be sent back for the RMA as we'll be sending a replacement kit to you. If you need the replacement kit sent first, our support team can work with you to setup an Advanced RMA.

Unfortunately I can't provide specifics, but we've identified and resolved the issue. Based on our findings, replacement kits shouldn't experience the same behavior. If you need a replacement kit, please process the RMA directly through CORSAIR and the retailer for this specific issue.

I experienced the exact issue where the LED is not working properly and went through the RMA process only to be given another set that has the exact issue after only a few days of it being installed. One set was Micron and another set was SK Hynix. Both showing the exact same issues.

When will this actually be fixed? It's not right that people put down so much money for a product that doesn't work as intended right out the gate.

• Corsair Employee
Same issue here! Went through the RMA process to be sent another set that had the exact same issue after a month of use.

I experienced the exact issue where the LED is not working properly and went through the RMA process only to be given another set that has the exact issue after only a few days of it being installed. One set was Micron and another set was SK Hynix. Both showing the exact same issues.

When will this actually be fixed? It's not right that people put down so much money for a product that doesn't work as intended right out the gate.

Just to clarify, both of you went through CORSAIR Support to receive your replacements? When was the RMA processed? Feel free to PM me your ticket numbers so I can work with support and our engineering team to look into this.

Just built my first pc and have 2 sticks with certain LEDs not working.

Was the kit purchased directly through CORSAIR or through a retailer? If you haven't done so yet, please submit a ticket through our support site so we can get you a replacement kit:

Just to clarify, both of you went through CORSAIR Support to receive your replacements? When was the RMA processed? Feel free to PM me your ticket numbers so I can work with support and our engineering team to look into this.

Was the kit purchased directly through CORSAIR or through a retailer? If you haven't done so yet, please submit a ticket through our support site so we can get you a replacement kit:

I sent you a message with the RMA ticket number, Nick. And yes, I went through Corsair support to receive my replacements started on March 18.

Hi Nick.

I have PM'd you my ticket number but have not received any reply.