Corsair Community

Faulty TWINX Module

Sheep

One of my XMS3200 TWINX modules is faulty. I started having video problems and at first I thought it was my video card. After swapping the video card out with another known good one, the problem persisted. I decided to then start testing RAM. I have 3 DIMM modules in my system - one 512 MB DIMM, and a pair of 256 MB each TWINX DIMMs. I pulled out all the modules and tested each one separately by booting up my system and then playing a video game for a few minutes to test stability. Using this method I determined one of the TWINX modules to be bad since it was the only one that would crash my video. Please let me know what is my next step in replacing this bad DIMM. Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the exact model# of your memory module and please tell me if you purchased that module as a pair or set; also what is the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and its FSB as well? In addition, please tell me if you have the latest BIOS installed on your system and what BIOS settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Archived