Corsair Community

Value Select Dual Channel modules bad

I recently purchased a Value Select Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 Kit. It seemed to work fine for a month or so, but now i'm getting constant crc errors trying to install software in windows. When i tried to reinstall windows i got the error

Stop: 0x0000008e which according to microsoft means that one or both of the memory modules are bad. I swapped the bad modules out for a known working module that was used previously in the system and the problems stopped.

My system is:

Asus P4P800 (Bios Revision 1019)

P4 3.0GHz E

Are there any other tests i should run before sending an RMA request for the memory modules?

I recently purchased a Value Select Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 Kit. It seemed to work fine for a month or so, but now i'm getting constant crc errors trying to install software in windows. When i tried to reinstall windows i got the error

Stop: 0x0000008e which according to microsoft means that one or both of the memory modules are bad. I swapped the bad modules out for a known working module that was used previously in the system and the problems stopped.

My system is:

Asus P4P800 (Bios Revision 1019)

P4 3.0GHz E

Are there any other tests i should run before sending an RMA request for the memory modules?

Funny; I believe I have a bad stick as well, though my OTHER bad Corsair sticks take precedence over this one.

I have a single 512MB stick of the ValueRam PC3200. I'm running it at SPD, no overclock in an Epox 8R3DAI board. If I do anything memory intensive, benchmarks or folding/crunching of any kind, I get a BSOD.

In everyday use, it's fine. It's in my HTPC. I play MP3s and search the web and it's dandy. I won't be buying the cheap stuff anymore.

Archived