Corsair Community

Compatible with CMX512-3200LLPT?

rgray318

Hello,

It has been a long time since I last posted anything here but I am needing to add some mem to my system.

I purchased TwinX1024-3200LLPT 400Mhz (2226 T1) a year and a half ago or longer. I recently gave one of the sticks away to my daughters computer leaving me with one module. She lives several thousand miles away so swapping it out is quite impossible.

I would like to go back to 1Gig of memory and would like to know if this memory is still available or do I have to get something more modern that is compatible?

On the side of the stick it says:

CMX512-3200LLPT (XMS3205v1.1)

And below that it says:

XMS3200 512MB 400Mhz - 2226 - T1

There is also a sticker on it that says "TWINX".

Can this be purchased with the same specs?

Thanks again,

}SkOrPn--'

• Corsair Employee
With most MB's if you use 2 modules they would both need to be matched. It would be best to send your daughter a new module and ask her to send the one she has back to you. But if that is not an option, I would try to find another use for this module and just get Twinx1024-3200XL modules for best performance.

With most MB's if you use 2 modules they would both need to be matched. It would be best to send your daughter a new module and ask her to send the one she has back to you. But if that is not an option, I would try to find another use for this module and just get Twinx1024-3200XL modules for best performance.

Thats really bad news as there is no way she can swap the memory herself...

Im also not willing to purchase more DDR memory as I am allready gearing up for a second machine with 2Gigs of Corsair DDR2.

This machine will become the HTPC rig but I want to go back to 1Gig using the current stick...

No other ideas? Surely there has to be some of this Dual Channel memory left somewhere else.

Thanks again Ram Guy... And as allways thanks for the quick reply.

Archived