Corsair Community

H150i Push/Pull using splitters

Superfecta

Hey guys. I've done a lot of googling and haven't found a concrete answer.

I'm currently running and H150i to cool my 9900k. Using the 3 ML fans that came with the unit. I'm wanting to add a 3 pack of ML RGB fans to create a push/pull. I'm out of slots on my Commander Pro and am curious if just buying 3x 2 way PWM splitters and just splitting the 3 headers that came off the H150i is a viable solution?

Being sata powered, this may approach the amp limit but shouldn't surpass it. Correct?

Anyone have experience with this, or have theirs hooked up the same way?

Thanks.

Thanks.

My math says 1.76 < 2.0 so, I'll go with it.

1.76 should be max rpm and max pump speed, and I never run them over 1000rpm, so I'm going to go for it.

Please feel free to chime in with an "OMG DONT DO IT YOULL BLOW UP YOUR ****" if you think it's applicable. I'll report back in a few days with any issues I had, or success.

Hey guys. I've done a lot of googling and haven't found a concrete answer.

I'm currently running and H150i to cool my 9900k. Using the 3 ML fans that came with the unit. I'm wanting to add a 3 pack of ML RGB fans to create a push/pull. I'm out of slots on my Commander Pro and am curious if just buying 3x 2 way PWM splitters and just splitting the 3 headers that came off the H150i is a viable solution?

Being sata powered, this may approach the amp limit but shouldn't surpass it. Correct?

Anyone have experience with this, or have theirs hooked up the same way?

Thanks.

I run my H115i Pro in push/pull using a second set of (faster) ML fans. I noted the following:

The pump connector will not drive the faster fans beyond the max speed of the slower stock fans.

To make best use of the faster fans, I chose to use the CPUOPT mobo header for them, whilst still using the pump header for the stock fans.

I placed the radiator at the front of the case, with the stock fans at the rear (pulling) and the faster fans at the front (pushing).

I used fan profiles to balance the speed of the stock and faster fans, up until the CPU temp rises above, say, 65C and then I let the faster fans rip!

The end result is a well ventilated, cool and quiet running system. This is with a i9-9900K running @5.1GHz / PC3400 on a Z390 mobo. My only complaint is the ridiculously short length of the cables on the stock fans, which makes siting the radiator at the front of a case trickier that it ought to be. The cable length of the faster ML fans is more accommodating.

Hey guys.

I just wanted to report back with my success.

Using 3x 2 way PWM splitters plugged right into the h150. I had to add another lighting node in order to have a place to plug my strips, and had some troubleshooting getting the comm pro to see the lighting node and blah blah blah, but it works!

Here she is in all her glory!

https://imgur.com/pXh2HYS

Resized_20190419_204933.thumb.jpeg.4539bf5999dc0c20ee505395a6336851.jpeg

Archived