Corsair Community

What’s wrong with you? Where did you see that I want to screw through the case, these coolers are faulty.

See my above reply. I think you are potentially just not applying enough force to the screw. Most AIOs have this same mechanism for the screws - sometimes the fins are easier to part on some than others, but I don't believe this is defective (?)

See my above reply. I think you are potentially just not applying enough force to the screw. Most AIOs have this same mechanism for the screws - sometimes the fins are easier to part on some than others, but I don't believe this is defective (?)

Trust me, I tried, and is not working.

What’s wrong with you? Where did you see that I want to screw through the case, these coolers are faulty.

how are you mounting the rad and fans into the case???.. i mean.. it has to be mounted to something. which is normally through the holes in the case that are around the edges of the fan cut outs. or is it just floating in mid air?. I am trying to help.. but your call.

I think we are having a translation issue and the "fins" don't play into this at all. Are you saying you cannot bolt the fan to the radiator because the fan mounting holes on the flanges do not align? If so, grab any other 120mm fan you have and see if the issue is the same. An actual misalignment or bad press will not work with any 120mm fan. The mounting holes should be precisely 105mm from center of the hole to the next. No one has ever mentioned a misaligned or bent radiator on any of the new coolers. While possible it was a one time event, it is usually not. Make sure. I've found ML fans can occasionally be more difficult to mount for whatever reason, but usually I am working at extreme angles when this becomes an issue.

• Corsair Employee
The fins near the screw holes can be bent, so this shouldn't be the issue. It could be the powder coating preventing the screws from going all the way through. If that's the case, just use one of the small screws to screw through it once, and it should be fine.

Here are pics of my H115i Pro with ML fans in pull setup, mounted as intake to front of Corsair 500D Obsidian case. . All hardware used came with the cooler. Long screws through fan into rear of cooler, short screws with washers through case front cooler/fan tray into front of cooler. On my cooler there is about 3mm of open space between the mounting holes and the fins. No drill tap was needed to cleanup any threads.

There is no coolant running through the fins so screws hitting them won't affect anything besides compressing or bending the out of sight fins. They will bend quite easily if touched and will part out of the way if a pin, screw or screwdriver is pressed into an opening between the fins. They may be a bit hard to compress if hit head on the middle of a fin with a screw and a very small diameter handled screwdriver is used.

IMG_20190318_181028429.thumb.jpg.befd3cfd136d473310b6ba87598b42f7.jpg

IMG_20190318_181204603.thumb.jpg.0f20d18bd579f5117adef2af19c84951.jpg

No harms going through the fins, I've done it starting with the very first H70 that I've bought like 10 years ago all the way to now (H70, H100, H100i, H100i v2, H115i Platinum). The fins are bendable and harmless. Just don't hit/bend any part of the radiator tube.

Archived