Corsair Community

Feature request: Run command with arguments.

Hagbard Celine

Hi, my Windows is suffering from hotkey-assignment-overload. I play some games that needs lots of "Alt-SomeKey" shortcuts and many programs wants the same shortcuts as default, so I'm running out of available keys to assign to unless I'm to remember lots of multi qualifier hotkeys. This is the main reason I bought a "K95 RGB".

But the iCue software lacks one basic feature, when you map a key to "Launch Application" it will not accept arguments to the program being run. If I put "C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe" in "Launch application settings" all is OK. If I on the other hand put "C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe C:\test\TestOk.txt" it just fails silently.

I need this for controlling DisplayFusion trough command-line interface, to free up hotkey-mappings for other programs and games.

I know I can use bat files, but the extra delay for cmd.exe is painful when compared to doing the same thing on my Logitech G13 that actually supports command-line-arguments on executed applications.

Edited by Hagbard Celine
Forgot comment about bat file

^#e::
Run explorer.exe "%clipboard%"
Return

not strictly a fix, but this in AHK works well in my experience and just for example. I suspect you will find it faster than bat files with cmd windows and there are many relevant AHK options which, with no dynamic input, compiled, you will find quite quick.

• 2 years later...