Jump to content
Corsair Community

CX550M new build pop and burning smell


Recommended Posts

I finished my new build for a friend yesterday and powered up. All worked well and I installed windows 10. I started downloading some drivers when suddenly I heard a pop and the system went dead. This was followed by a strong burning electrical smell. The system would not turn on anymore.


I opened the case and removed the psu which was the source of the smell. I tried the paperclip test and the fan never spun so I'm assuming it's just a faulty psu. I'm going to return it for a new one but was wondering if anyone else had run into this? I'm hoping I didn't damage any of my new components. Hopefully not.


EKinSC :[pouts:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...