Corsair Community

2xVS512MB400 Bad

Silpheed

I started having problems with reboots so I browsed through the boards here and found the settings for my memory. I set them to 2.5-3-3-8 with a voltage of 2.7 and ran memtest. I stopped memtest after a half a million(!) errors dispersed between both modules.

What type of problem? The memory controller? I was up and running for a week or so before this problem occured but when it started, things went downhill fast. I will not be able to test them until later today but will let you know tomorrow. Another thing I need to mention is that the Antec Truepower that came with my brand new Sonata case died with a pop. I am pretty sure it took out my hard drive. I bought the Ultra and everything seemed okay for about a week, then I started having issues. I am very worried that both the memory and board have been affected. Is there a good way to check to see if the board is the issue? I am totally frustrated with what has happened so but I am trying my best to get of list of components that have failed as a result of the Truepower going out so I can inform Antec about it. Thanks.

Archived