Corsair Community

Bad Module - CMX512-3200C2

leejb

Purchased two CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v5.1 0442013-0 XMS3200 512MB 400MHz CL2 Corsair memory modules from Newegg.

Been having random problems with XP BSOD'ing with Bad_Pool_header, but I was assuming it was a conflict with the system I built. Only time I could force a BSOD was by launching and trying to connect the CISCO VPN client. This made me think it was a network driver problem.

However, frequency of crashes during no usage spawned me to lookup the Bad_Pool_header and found that most reported this as memory. I dl'd and ran MEMTEST86 and sure enough I get failing address at the 1022.xMB position. Removed one DIMM and ran test again. This time I get the error at varying spots, but mostly 340 - 370MB, 69 - 92MB and 463-479MB. Removed this module and put other module back in same slot. Re-ran test and recieved no errors. Rebooted system and ran for a while pretty hard between large photoshop, cad and movie files. No crashes. Launched the VPN client and connected without a hitch. Replaced with seemingly bad module... first boot XP hangs at startup, second I get in and get a BSOD after launching two apps. Replaced with seemingly good module and no problems.

The MB is a Soltek SL865-PRO775 with a 3Ghrz P4, both retail. I'm pretty sure I need to get a replacement DIMM, what other tests should I run and/or how do I get an RMA process going?

Archived