Corsair Community

quick way of changing fan speed

klatoo

Anyone discovered a way of quickly changing fan speeds? Back in the OLD DAYS you could just right mouse click Link and choose a profile, boom, done. Now 14 screens and 261 mouse clicks later my fan speed is changed but so is everything else.

Anyone figure out a "shortcut?"

I like to automate the changing of the fan speed. If you have an AIO you can set a fan curve based upon the temperature of the liquid. Having the fan speed linked to CPU usage can be a little over kill and make it a little louder. Some People like to do it based off the temp of the CPU, GPU, or based off a probe. I do mine off the temperature of my coolant. It preforms well when needed and stays more quite.

I have 5 rgb profiles with 1 fan speed. I added 3 more profiles, 2 for gaming with higher fan speeds and 1 a all black night/quiet mode. With these 8 profiles iCUE runs in the 300-400 MB range in Task Manager. Just 5 running 90-140 (figure that one out).

That doesn't really explain what you are trying to do and seems like a different topic. If you want a quick way to change fan speeds, set them differently for specific profiles and then put them into a profile loop for cycling. You can assign a Game profiles can have higher fixed speeds or more aggressive curves. You can keep low fan curves for desktop work profiles. I can't tell if you have a Corsair keyboard or not, but that would make profiles switching easier with the option to set a profile toggle/cycling key. Could do the same on a Corsair mouse if willing to sacrifice a button.

I see your point and I did that at first but then the high CPU kicked in. I just didn’t elaborate on that part with my thread. I was really just looking for a way to ONLY change fan speed profiles without having to change everything.

I’m running a K70, a Glaive, MM800, LL’s, ML’s, and H115i Pro. That’s a ton of profiles to change and lights to adjust etc etc.....hence a simple way to ONLY change fan speed.

If you were to leave iCUE active and up on screen in the Device Menu H115i PRO (Do you have a commander Pro too?), then you can create as many curves as you want, then click the fan curve in the left menu and then the two fans on the right. If you have a Commander Pro, you would have to change tabs and do it again for the C-Pro page.

If you do have a C-Pro controlling the other case fans or you want to do this on the fly mid-game, the better way would be to create duplicates of your existing game profiles and pre-apply those curves. Then set higher fixed speeds for the new curves or more aggressive or whatever you are after. In iCUE, set a profile switch to one unused key on the board. Then add all your game profiles PUGB-Low, PUGB-Med, PUGB-High to the profile cycle list. You have to add them for each profile. Profile 1 must direct the key to go to profile 2. Within Profile 2, Profile 3 must be on top of the list. Within 3, Profile 1 so it loops. Since you can use the copy function to duplicate your existing game profiles in one click, most of the work is setting up the rotation and adjusting your fans for each profile.

. In iCUE, set a profile switch to one unused key on the board. Then add all your game profiles PUGB-Low, PUGB-Med, PUGB-High to the profile cycle list. You have to add them for each profile. Profile 1 must direct the key to go to profile 2. Within Profile 2, Profile 3 must be on top of the list. Within 3, Profile 1 so it loops. Since you can use the copy function to duplicate your existing game profiles in one click, most of the work is setting up the rotation and adjusting your fans for each profile.

I didn’t think of this at all. Just create a new key with high speed fan profiles. I’m just hoping that this won’t cause a surge in MEM usage because that was bogging my computer down. I’ll create a new “fan speed” folder and go from there.

Thanks!

I don't the think the extra profiles will cause a memory increase. I have 50+ and appear to be using less than you. I suppose we should as users probably take the time and figure out what does or does not increase the memory usage. At the moment, a lot of this seems to be device specific, but that may change in the future. The "high memory usage" of iCUE is a popular topic. I am not a programmer and don't know what is or is not appropriate. I do know any browser with two tabs open uses about double what iCUE does to active monitor temps and control the 9 physical devices I have connected. If you have 16 GB of memory installed, you should have a lot of headroom, but it would be really hard to get by with 8GB these days. I use that fort VRAM alone.

Archived