Corsair Community

I want to shift fan control away from Q-fan and on to iCue but..

Aliti_308

..I just need to clarify something before I purchase a CoPro.

I have 4 LL series fans, hooked up to the NoPro for RGB and the PWM fan control is done via the 3x PWM case hub headers and 1X on motherboard chassis #2 fan header. Although this setup allows me to use Q-fan to control the fans via BIOS (I don't like using ASUS Q-fan control), I'm looking to shift fan control to iCue to make things more centralized.

I noticed that if I were to buy a CoPro I could do that BUT does this also mean that the CoPro makes the NoPro redundant as per diagram below? If so, that would be great because I lack USB 2.0 headers so if the CoPro replaces the NoPro USB connector to do all this then I'm able to do that. But then I assume theUSB headers on the CoPro would sort that out anyway right? RIGHT?

s6LvseMh.png

Someone confirm? (Sorry I think the diagram pretty much answers my question but wanted to be 100% certain before I go out of my way :o: )

You don't need it for your current set up, but don't get rid of the LNP. You can chain Commander Pros and LNPs together when you get into complicated lighting arrangements. It is easier to get into that position than you think. I run 5x140 RGB in my case, plus 4 strips. If I were to make my bottom 2x140 RGB as well, I would need one of my back-up LNPs to accommodate the second 6 port RGB lighting hub. It's not that hard to go past the 6 fan limit, particularly for people who double up on the radiator.

You mean I don’t need the CoPro? That is true! For fan control via icue I do which would be a nice thing to have. It will also keep all 4 ll series fans running at the same Rpm as the one fan connected to my chassis #2 header is running slower than the other 3 even though Q fan is suggesting they are the same via the fan graph.

These reasons are rather minor for $100 CoPro, I agree. The NoPro in this case is not required so I’d remove it and I don’t plan on going with anymore RGB fans. At least for now.

I could go an additional 3 ll series 120mm as a push pull config on my H150 bit there is no point as the radiator is too thin for that sort of thing.

QYBN0rI.jpg

No, I mean you don't need to the Lighting Node Pro once you get the Commander Pro. For the LL or any other RGB fans, you need one or the other. Obviously the C-Pro comes with a 6 port fan controller and 4 temp probes as well, all of which I find very useful. You were correct in your original assessment that C-Pro will directly replace the LNP, but I wanted to make sure you knew the LNP was not completely useless as a result and may find its way back into the system at some point. For instance, if you were to replace the front 3 fans on the H150i with LL or especially if you used a different type of RGB fan like HD or ML where you would be required to use a second RGB Lighting Hub. Each device can handle two lighting channels. Not too difficult to exceed that.

Oh yeah, yeah , that was understood. I didnt plan on doing more with the asthetics on the current build so I didn’t expect to drag the NoPro back in at this stage. Who knows, I may get another upgrade itch soon? :)

you never know.. and indeed i thought the same.. but now i run 3 node pro's out side my case and over 40 Corsair Strips in total... put the NoPro somewhere safe ;)

I assume you have seen my Faq thread as you have used one of my Diagrams above ;)... look at the advanced diagram

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

[ame]

[/ame]

Archived