Corsair Community

GigaByte K8NS Pro and Corsair CMX512-3200C2

romanaz

Ok, I have had this setup working for well over 6 months, but before that I did have a bad ram chip, and got two new chips.

My motherboard is the Gigabyte K8NS Pro, that supports DDR400. The ram I have is the Corsair CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v1.2. I have two sticks in a 1024(512x2) set. Just this morning, my computer, while running norton anti-virus, froze up, and would not boot up. After 2 hours worth of memtest86, and trying god knows how many setups for spots and one stick or two. I tried these : slot 0 and slot 1, slot 0 and slot 2, slot 1 and slot 2, just slot 1, just slot 0, just slot 2, with both ram chips. Each time, when the ram was by itself, the computer booted properly, and ram memtest with no errors. When I put both chips in, no matter what setup, the computer issues a long beep and will not boot at all. Also, before I had this problem, I could not get the chips to run at ddr400, only 166mhz for each chip. Any help please?

There is no one in my area with a motherboard compatible with this ram, everyone has 3 year old pc's that have SD ram.

The only way to test it, would be to buy a whole new motherboard, and I dont really have that kind of money right now.

• Corsair Employee

The only thing I can offer would be to replace the modules, but from what you have posted it does not sound like the memory is the problem.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, I actually took my motherboard out, and took a nice look at it, and it seems something fried in between the dimm slots 0-1, making it so those slots don't work at all. I am probally going to just get rid of that motherboard and upgrade to a msi nforce4. Thanks!

Archived