Corsair Community

Fan Profiles keep getting reset & deleted.

QuarterLife

This is supposed to be fixed in 3.4.95. If it is still happening, please report it. It is an irritating little bug.

All I can say guys is absolutely make of copy of your C: Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Corsair/CUE folder for each and every iCUE version. The profiles may not be backward compatible, so once the 3.2 profile is loaded by 3.3, its nature is changed. Dragging the entire folder into a safe place, then copying it back in after a disaster or general re-install is so much faster than importing one by one. It also saves your icons, links, and pictures. I have little folders are lined up for iCUE 3.1, 3.2, etc.

For Link, you can do the same thing, except the location folder is C: Program Data/CLINK4. Again copy the whole thing to another drive and remember where to copy it back. I go back and forth between iCUE and Link almost weekly. It would be beyond tedious without this.

Thanks for the backup method, it indeed helps.

I have several profiles in iCUE. Normally I use profile 1 and it stays after turning PC off and on. But if I switch to profile 2 and turn PC off and on, everything's gone. (In Commander Pro tab, only Lighting Setup/Channel are visible, Performance/Graphing/Notifications are gone. Then I manually quit iCUE and open it again, these 3 are back but all fan settings are gone.)

I also checked service error log but there's related. Last error was a while ago.

• 3 weeks later...

This is still happening on the latest version of iCUE which I unsuspectingly updated to from CUE/Link. Why did I pay $100 for a fan controller that can't even reliably control fans? It's even worse than it was before because now I have to restart iCUE every boot just to see if my fan profiles were deleted or not.

How can you release beta quality software to the public through official update channels like this?

Been away from home for a month, come back and turn on PC and......yep you guessed it the fan profiles are all gone. iCue informs me there's an update to 3.5.111 so i think "what the heck it cant loose them anymore!" after the update its found all my fan profiles again! dare i say they may have resolved this one????? fingers crossed

Been away from home for a month, come back and turn on PC and......yep you guessed it the fan profiles are all gone. iCue informs me there's an update to 3.5.111 so i think "what the heck it cant loose them anymore!" after the update its found all my fan profiles again! dare i say they may have resolved this one????? fingers crossed

I did see my fan profiles disappear occasionally with earlier versions of iCue as well. I haven't had that problem - at all - with 3.5.

So yeah, I think it's fixed.

Archived