Corsair Community

PSU won't work when connected to HD

Galerian135

Hey guys! So currently I am having a issue. A friend just gave me his case, mb, and power supply. (Corsair HW1000) I also bought a new processor. So I set everything up I turned it on the fans spin for a split second then go off, as well as my fan lights. I did some investigating and noticed the computer turns on when i remove the power sata from the back of the hd. I tried different wires but nothing has worked. I reconnected everything in the computer and made sure my hd works on my old comp and it does. Note: the power sata I'm using didn't come with the PSU if that has something to do with it. Hope to possibly get some help. Thank you!

Hey guys! So currently I am having a issue. A friend just gave me his case, mb, and power supply. (Corsair HW1000) I also bought a new processor. So I set everything up I turned it on the fans spin for a split second then go off, as well as my fan lights. I did some investigating and noticed the computer turns on when i remove the power sata from the back of the hd. I tried different wires but nothing has worked. I reconnected everything in the computer and made sure my hd works on my old comp and it does. Note: the power sata I'm using didn't come with the PSU if that has something to do with it. Hope to possibly get some help. Thank you!

The comment in bold is the problem. The PSU is detecting a short circuit and not turning on so that you don't blow your equipment out. You should only use the cables that come with the PSU or are certified for that PSU. The connections to the PSU are not standardized.

You can get these cables individually from Corsair.

Archived