Corsair Community

Multiple AIOs Need Help!

RetroGamesIn4k

So I’m in a pickle. I am trying to make a build with the 570x and an 8700k, but I’m really getting stuck on the aio to use for that cpu. I hear that 240mm aios are minimum to use with it, but I was wanting to know what I should do.

I got my eyes set on the H150i Pro which should fit front mounted, but I already have my Corsair hydro gfx gtx 1080 ti aio gpu so I’m confused on placements for the aios. (I’m also being gifted another Corsair aio, should my grades be good).

Big question is: If I go with the 150 Pro, will front mounting it and having the gpu rads on top be fine or should I just go with a H100i v2 and top mount it and front mount gpu rads? Would the GPU rads even both reach the top if I went with option B?

I really don’t like the look of 140mm fans on this case so if you also have other recommendations for cooling 8700k with liquid cooling I’m down for it, but I prefer Corsair coolers.

Hi buddy... is it a 120mm rad on the gfx? and I don't think the tubes are long enough to reach the top anyways...... generally the 120 rads get mounted in the rear fan location (exhaust)

My suggestion would be H150i in the front and the hydro rad in the back with the top two fans pulling cool air in to cool the air from the h150i before it gets the the rear rad.. hope that made sense bud

Absolutely DO NOT front mount the GPU radiator as intake. You are talking about dropping a sustained 290 watts into the main chamber plus whatever 95-160w comes out of the CPU radiator. For reference, my Titan X (P) runs a coolant temp of 40-50C on a 120mm radiator. That means the exhaust air coming out of it is also 40-50C. You don't want that pumped into your case for hours.

You can save a few dollars and put the H100i v2 on the front intake and the GPU radiator on the back slot as exhaust (where it should be). However, I would recommend the H150i anyway. I am not overly fond of the H100i v2 and the H150i is a step back toward where things should be. You can use the SP120 RGB fans. You can use the ML fans it comes with. You can use both and really keep fan speeds low. Cooling the 8700K won't be a large issue (in terms of coolant temp), but aesthetics and noise are more likely to have an every day effect on your happiness. This is an easy win for the H150i.

You can use the SP120 RGB fans. You can use the ML fans it comes with. You can use both and really keep fan speeds low.

So when you say both, do you mean push/pull? If so do you think there would be enough clearance for push/pull if I mount it on the back exhaust? Also if I were to get another gpu with an aio, to go the ways of SLI, where would be an optimal spot for that one? Could I use a traditional blower card with my aforementioned gpu instead of matching ones and still run an SLI build? Sorry, so many questions, I’m a newbie if you couldn’t tell.

So when you say both, do you mean push/pull? If so do you think there would be enough clearance for push/pull if I mount it on the back exhaust? Also if I were to get another gpu with an aio, to go the ways of SLI, where would be an optimal spot for that one? Could I use a traditional blower card with my aforementioned gpu instead of matching ones and still run an SLI build? Sorry, so many questions, I’m a newbie if you couldn’t tell.

H150i radiator - Yes, both did mean push-pull with SP120-RGB on the front the and included ML fans on the back. It doesn't matter either way and no, you do not have to do this, but it is an option. A lot of people want to keep the LED signature look to the front glass. You can use either set of fans, but the DC powered SP120-RGB will need to be connected to the motherboard rather than the pump fan controller. Is there enough room with the GPU? You would need to measure. Approximately 80mm for the 25+30+25mm stack. Eyeball test looks fine, but I need someone with the case to confirm and obviously your GPU model length is the real restriction.

Are you asking if you can top mount the H100i v2 and keep the back GPU radiator 120mm fan stack? I don't know, but my guess is it will be tight. This should be a slot mount system on top, so yo could slide a top mounted radiator as far forward as possible. There is some merit to trying this approach. Both CPU and GPU heat sources get dumped directly out of the case. This makes internal temps trivial, you don't need much front fan speed, and you get to keep your front SP120 RGBx3.

What would you do with two GPU 120mm radiators? Pesky. I don't think most kits will reach the top. You might have to do something nontraditional and front mount the two GPU coolers as exhaust, then put a 240mm CPU cooler up top, run the rear fan as intake, and... it is still a mess.

Could you run one on air and the other on water? Yes. Put the water cooled card in the lower slot. Air card in the upper. I think you would want the top exhaust free from a radiator so you can really crank up the top fans. One radiator restricted rear exhaust may have difficulty getting rid of the heat from both cards. Dual water cooled GPUs gets to be kind of a hassle. Hard to fit 120mm radiators everywhere. Better off with custom cooling, but that is dreadfully expensive with dual GPU blocks and the need to dump 500-600W of heat.

You would need an extremely compelling reason to go SLI these days. It seems like everyone is trying to kill it off and as someone just coming from a SLI set-up on Maxwell, I won't be going back anytime soon. My experience was actually OK, but wow have things dropped off since then. I really think this is for professional loads only now and if you are going down this path, you need a bigger case.

Archived