Corsair Community

Corsair LL120 (3 Fan Pack) Question

gaming.azreal

Hi Everyone, i recently purchased a 3 Fan Pack Corsair LL120 to work on one of my older system as the fans are spoiled.

Can i check if the H97 chipset is compatible with the fans as when i tried to connect all 3 fans using the Lighting Node Pro and RGB Led Hub and to my board using ther 9 pin internal USB 2.0; the fan doesn't spins at all and no lights.

Any experts here is able to enlighten me on this ?

Much appreciated.

You shouldn't have a problem with the H97 chipset.

You should have 2 wires coming from each of those fans - 1 for the RGB LEDs and 1 for the fan itself. The ones for the fans are going to be standard fan connectors and should plug into fan headers on your motherboard. These control the speed of the fans. The Lighting Node Pro also requires a SATA power connection. Finally, you need to install Link and add the fans to the Lighting Node Pro on the correct LED channel.

Can you verify all of this? Perhaps post a screen cap of your Link configuration?

Well, Link isn't "seeing" the Lighting Node Pro.

Can you verify that the USB header is enabled in the BIOS and that the LNP has a full SATA connection? Perhaps move to a different header? Most x97 series motherboards had more USB 2.0 headers than the current x170 and x270s. Filling out your system details would also be helpful.

Hi Dev,

I managed to resolve the issue by installing the AI suite III for asus mobo and I deactivated the xhci hand off in bios.. now I am able to control the Color by CL4 and speed using AI suite..

There is another thing I noticed.. the temp aren't that accurate as I can see mb temps are always kept at 115°.

Do you happen to know why and thanks for your help previously :)

Archived