Corsair Community

LED strips powered and cycling, no devices shown in Link

The_XXI

I still think we do too, but support really won't do a thing.

Thanks for your help and time, I really hope you can find something. I'd like to stay on Win7 this year at least.

EDIT: Okay I'm slightly dumb, I finally figured out how SIV worked and why there was only one strip on the first channel working. Under link setup, I've set the proper amount of strips per channel and it works. It's not optimal, the colors seem slightly offset from what I saw in reviews, and I can't control the LEDS individually, but it's still better than nothing at all.

Also, the strip that had been working since installation, has now a stlighty warmer/reder color.

Glad to see you figured it out. SIV is not the most intuitive interface. It wasn't developed to control Link products. That capability was added on when the author got fed up with Link. I don't know why the colors would be different. Red is 255,0,0. What program sends it is irrelevant. I personally use SIV for all of my Link control and it works flawlessly all the time. I only use Link to update firmware, but when I do run it, I have never noticed a color difference.

There's an offset in colors in the sense that the non absolute won't be accurate, as per what you see in the interface and what is displayed on the strips.

Anyway, I've almost finished my lil project, which was to get profiles in the case to diffuse the LED, here's the result:

tBxleMB.jpg

Sweet!! I played around with the preset colors in SIV and yeah most of them are kind of funky and don't look like what you would expect. I wish it allowed the user to just enter values for R, G, and B. The basic RED, GREEN, & BLUE are OK. I think I will ask the author of SIV if direct entry of hex values (0 -255) for RGB is possible. The nice thing about SIV is if you suggest an addition or feature that makes sense, the author will usually add it within a day or two.

Thanks god with have SIV, seriously my Node plus extension would be totally useless without that.

Yeah I was thinking that, hex would be good. Profiles also, I know we can save a default, but I haven't find a way to register specific presets, that's be ****ing great.

EDIT: I donated and asked him if he could make leds individually controllable, and have customizable presets. I'd also like to control a specific part of a strip, choose the end and begining of a lighting pattern.

So after a bit of talking with Ray, viewing the guide and figuring things out, I was finally able to save presets. Which is nice, it wasn't a pleasure though, I'm pretty disapointed which Corsair for all that effing ****.

So anyway, I think that's it for this thread, until somethings are resolved for Win7 users I mean. And that won't come.

HrLhZMD.jpg

Archived