Corsair Community

Bad memory

carsadmin

I have a pair of Twinx CMX512-3700 (2x)512MB

The label says XMS3700v1.1 and 0327008

My machine did not start up yesterday, after testing everything else I tested the memory on another machine, and when I use one of the modules, the machine starts but freezes within seconds, even in the bios.

When I use the second one alone, the machine doesn't work.

When I use both, the machine dosn't work.

Thanks!

Hugo

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set? And can you test the module in another system?

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set? And can you test the module in another system?

I did try the memory in another PC, that was working and the momory did not work either alone or in a pair.

MB: Asus P4P800 Deluxe

CPU: Intel P4 3.0e (auto voltage)

FSB: 200 (automatic setting)

Memory at 2.7v, 2.5-4-4-8

This pc has been working for the last 10 months no problem... This is not a new install. THey just quit working.

XMS3700 will not run at these timings.

Please try and set them too Cass 3-4-4-8 and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

And if you are only running them at DDR400 you can set the timings to Cass 3-3-3-8 at 2.7x Volts.

My mistake, you are correct, they were at 3-4-4-8... But when put in the machine does not even post the bios on either stick. I therefore cannot change any configuration of it, just can tell you what was had before the failiure.

• Corsair Employee

Please try and reset the bios with just our modules installed and see if the system will post. If not then I would make sure that you have the latest bios. If you do and they still will not post then let's try replacing the modules.

Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Please try and reset the bios with just our modules installed and see if the system will post. If not then I would make sure that you have the latest bios. If you do and they still will not post then let's try replacing the modules.

Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Tried it before, no post, I even tried on another PC at work that has a P4P800 and is working, and they both togheter and separately, did not post.

My PC has the latest bios from Asus (019) and was working.

I will send the RMA info.

Thanks for all your assistance. :D:

Please let me know when you get the new modules!

You are now responsible for me only buying Corsair memory products for all my future needs! :bigeyes:

I hope you are happy! :laughing:

Wow, it is refreshit to see good service and knowledgeable staff, quick, efficient, the way things should always be... :biggrin:

Congratulations and thanks! :D:

Archived