Corsair Community

Terrible Experience with Corsair One Pro Support and RMA

OldTimer36

This is super worrisome and frustrating to hear - I also had issues with bootup and a Corsair One Pro I ordered from Amazon and got terrible support from Corsair.

Received it on the 18th of July, installed updates and everything fine, next day won't bootup at all other than lights on the tower glowing, nothing I tried helped. Couldn't get a support ticket submitted through the broken website and had to chat with a customer support rep to even have one submitted. Waited a week, got no response. Tweeted at Corsair to try and get SOME kind of response, still nothing, then contacted Amazon instead to get a replacement.

I finally got the replacement today and am setting it up as I type this out - I was hoping that my issue was and one off that was the result of being thrown around during shipping or something, but this seems like a larger pattern from other customers who've received their Corsair Pro's from Amazon. I wonder if they were sent defective machines? Or maybe even used machine they're selling as new?

I'll post here again if things with my replacement machine go poorly. Sucks that I have to be paranoid now about this, I'm not even going to attempt to put my files on this machine until I'm sure it'll not crap out on me.

• 2 weeks later...
Have peoples' problems been resolved or are some of these issues still outstanding?

I received a call from Roth K at Corsair apologizing for the disasterous rollout of the nVME-equipped lineup, and ya'll are going to QA test my replacement before sending it over. Mine isnt resolved yet but seems well on its way. I'll have to hold out final judgement until I finally have a working machine!

Well gentlemen I just received my Corsair one, and to my disappointment no video took several power cycles to finally boot unstable operation. No wifi detected. System freezing sometimes 2 USB ports stopped working at one point then started to work when I finally got it rebooted . I think you get the point anyway I did the cmos reset no good, ran system diagnostics checked ok.

I have read the forums to see if there is a resolution , so far at least what I have read rma response and repair replacement seems to be not going good for some. An d myself like many cannot do without a working computer I do mostly 3d cad so. My questions has anyone found a root cause of the issues motherboard , power supply , interference emi etc.

Is it possible to have just a replacement part or parts shipped to me and I would gladly replace them myself and send the old parts back if needed. I have no technical issue doing this myself more than capable when it comes to computer repair and electronics. I fear rma route would be painfully long. And I would like to resolve this as easy and quickly as possible. So Corsair chime in please respond to a root cause some of us are technically savy people.

• Corsair Employee

Just to update you both, we've identified the issue affecting some of the units in our most recent lineup. A small batch of PCI Express ribbon cables used in Corsair One units are passing QA in the factory and then failing in shipment; it's affecting about 10% of the units going out and unfortunately, you two were unlucky enough to get affected systems.

The good news is that we HAVE identified it and we are going to begin contacting end users to send replacement systems out. We're also adding an additional QA step specifically to catch cables that might fail in shipment to ensure this doesn't happen again.

If you haven't heard from us already, you will soon.

I received a call from Roth K at Corsair apologizing for the disasterous rollout of the nVME-equipped lineup, and ya'll are going to QA test my replacement before sending it over. Mine isnt resolved yet but seems well on its way. I'll have to hold out final judgement until I finally have a working machine!

Well gentlemen I just received my Corsair one, and to my disappointment no video took several power cycles to finally boot unstable operation. No wifi detected. System freezing sometimes 2 USB ports stopped working at one point then started to work when I finally got it rebooted . I think you get the point anyway I did the cmos reset no good, ran system diagnostics checked ok.

I have read the forums to see if there is a resolution , so far at least what I have read rma response and repair replacement seems to be not going good for some. An d myself like many cannot do without a working computer I do mostly 3d cad so. My questions has anyone found a root cause of the issues motherboard , power supply , interference emi etc.

Is it possible to have just a replacement part or parts shipped to me and I would gladly replace them myself and send the old parts back if needed. I have no technical issue doing this myself more than capable when it comes to computer repair and electronics. I fear rma route would be painfully long. And I would like to resolve this as easy and quickly as possible. So Corsair chime in please respond to a root cause some of us are technically savy people.

Archived