Corsair Community

Corsair Link 4.8 BUGS

satinghostrider

I have found magic. Manually remove all references to Corsair Link in the registry. Then delete all directories associated with it after stopping the link service. Which is now usually in that state anyway.

Now install Corsair-LINK-Installer-v4.7.0.77. Great until you realize you just installed version 4.8.0.82. Right back where we started.

I seem to remember being here before. Surely this needs to be sorted now after this.

Ok three days without cooling is the end for me. I have been writing a process and service manager. I now see that I can integrate a closed loop much better than you can. I will replace this disaster with firmware that works.

Shame the CL4 stuff looked ok.

I just purchased a full corsair setup for using link. All parts arriving tomorrow. What should I do? =(

Will my system still function if I don't use link at all?

Asus X99-A II

Intel i7-6850k

Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow

Corsair h100i v2

Corsair hx850i

Corsair Vengeance 64gb (4x16) DDR4 2333 RGB

Corsair HD140 Two pack w/ Controller (2 front fans)

Corsair HD140 (1 rear fan)

Corsair HD120 (2 for H100I v2 on top in pull mode)

Corsair Commander Pro

Corsair CP8920054 Individually Sleeved 24Pin ATX

Corsair CP-8920046 Standard Power Cable Kit, Blue

I just purchased a full corsair setup for using link. All parts arriving tomorrow. What should I do? =(

Will my system still function if I don't use link at all?

Asus X99-A II

Intel i7-6850k

Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow

Corsair h100i v2

Corsair hx850i

Corsair Vengeance 64gb (4x16) DDR4 2333 RGB

Corsair HD140 Two pack w/ Controller (2 front fans)

Corsair HD140 (1 rear fan)

Corsair HD120 (2 for H100I v2 on top in pull mode)

Corsair Commander Pro

Corsair CP8920054 Individually Sleeved 24Pin ATX

Corsair CP-8920046 Standard Power Cable Kit, Blue

Link is a buggy mess and has been for uh - ever. Some of us here on this forum use a MUCH better program to control our Link hardware. Here is the Link - maybe you should start reading.

SIV is primarily a monitoring program but the developer got frustrated with Link so he added the capability to control Link products to his program. It is rock stable, free (donations accepted), but has a bit of a learning curve. SIV is not designed to be a pretty GUI that has a picture of your case, but it can do everything Link can do and quite a bit that Link can't do.

SIV is not for everyone, but you do have an option.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?

t=140665

Good Luck - whatever you decide.

Take the system I don't know what the hell is going on here. But under normal operation Corsair are ok. I guess we will have to trust them to sort out what ever is happening. I have even offered to buy them for one British pound. I have never been in this situation before for this long. This is becoming very strange. I am going to move to SIV. I should have done a long time ago. Good point!

It's the bells and whistles that have caused this situation. I am a firmware engineer, all graphics are a waste to me, so I can deal with rough interfaces. But the SIV interface is right out there and you have to get your head around it. Well I guess now is the right time.

I am still toying with the idea of writing it myself. Because I can see all the fans in the Intel SDK.

Take the system I don't know what the hell is going on here. But under normal operation Corsair are ok. I guess we will have to trust them to sort out what ever is happening. I have even offered to buy them for one British pound. I have never been in this situation before for this long. This is becoming very strange. I am going to move to SIV. I should have done a long time ago. Good point!

It's the bells and whistles that have caused this situation. I am a firmware engineer, all graphics are a waste to me, so I can deal with rough interfaces. But the SIV interface is right out there and you have to get your head around it. Well I guess now is the right time.

I am still toying with the idea of writing it myself. Because I can see all the fans in the Intel SDK.

You have to remember SIV is primarily a monitoring tool, and it will monitor more things than you can shake a stick at. It also has very low CPU resource overhead (unlike Link which has gotten better but is still much worse than SIV). Once you get to know your way around the menu structure, it is pretty easy to navigate, although I admit I keep a menu cheat sheet. And you can set up really nice LCD monitoring panels. I tried to set up custom panels in Aida64. Aida panels can be totally customized but they are VERY tedious to build, IMHO. The SIV panels do everything I need and are quick to set up. I like to leave the [AIO Link Fans] panel open next to my 4 SIV LCD panels. I can see everything I need at a glance. Here is what this looks like. My LCD panels are a work in process. I keep adding and moving things around.

I also attached the latest SIV manual. It should get you started.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30340&stc=1&d=1500692359

Using SIV to Control Corsair Link Hardware v1.19 – 14-Jul-2017.pdf

817706260_072117SIVLCDLinkFans.thumb.png.a26734decfa07d004bcb4e005ab61ff0.png

Archived