Corsair Community

Twinx 1024-3200 C2 DDR400 XMS3200 Memory Problems

mwsmocic

MY MB:

Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 with AMD Athlong 64 3000+ processor. Motherboard BIOS (Dual F7)

Using Corsair TWINX1024-3200CD 1^B DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Memory with Heat Spreader.

4 Channels - DDR1, DDR2, DDR3 and DDR4

PSU - 480W Antec True Power

Problem:

Single stick (512MB) of memory computer works fine and tests well with Memtest and Prime95.

First stick placed in DDR1.

When placing second stick in DD2, BIOS Post "DDR Enabled" however, system becomes unstable and running Memtest and PRIME95 results in numerous errors. If I remove either stick and place one only in DDR1 , no memory errors are reported and system is stable.

If I place one stick in DDR1 and DDR3 then BIOS will not post properly and reports "Memory not Optimized - Check System Manual".

If I place both sticks in DDR3 and DDR4 - system posts fine however, is still unstable and system will randomly reboot.

Important to note that both sticks are exact same version and purchased as a TWINX set. Either stick works fine when alone but does not work together.

I don't know what to do, but am thinking that Corsair memory does not "play" well with MB. Please advise.

• Corsair Employee
Please try and set the Dim Over Voltage Control to +.2 Volts and then test the system with http://www.memtest.org to be sure. However, please check the user manual for the PSU as I believe that you need to use an ATX 2.0 Compliant PSU and that PSU you have is ATX 1.3, but please check with the MB maker to be sure!

Please try and set the Dim Over Voltage Control to +.2 Volts and then test the system with http://www.memtest.org to be sure. However, please check the user manual for the PSU as I believe that you need to use an ATX 2.0 Compliant PSU and that PSU you have is ATX 1.3, but please check with the MB maker to be sure!

RAMGUY:

I did check my power supply and I am mistaken, it is an Antec NEPOWER 480W which is an ATX12Vj v2.0 Power supply. I will now try to up the volatage and let you know.

RAMGUY:

I did check my power supply and I am mistaken, it is an Antec NEPOWER 480W which is an ATX12Vj v2.0 Power supply. I will now try to up the volatage and let you know.

RAMGUY:

I raised my voltage to .2V which is as high as I go and I still get memtest errors when both sticks are in DDR1 and DDR2 or DDR3 and DDR4, however, same result if I put just one in on DDR1 it works fine and it does not matter which stick I put in.

What do I do next?

That would suggest another problem, I would check with Gigabyte for newer bios especially if you have a 90 nm CPU that might cause this. Short of that I would maybe try and RMA the CPU.

RAMGUY:

I now have done some further testing using Memtest primarily - I had been using PRIME95 but with your suggestion I used MEMTEST. I now find that I get error messages on each Memory stick even if I have them running one at a time. I have tried this several times over the past few hours and when I put one stick in DDR1 it receives multiple errors using Memtest. If I pull that stick out and put the other TWINX stick in I get multiple errors. I am think this memory has a problem.

Please advise what to do next.

RAMGUY:

I now have done some further testing using Memtest primarily - I had been using PRIME95 but with your suggestion I used MEMTEST. I now find that I get error messages on each Memory stick even if I have them running one at a time. I have tried this several times over the past few hours and when I put one stick in DDR1 it receives multiple errors using Memtest. If I pull that stick out and put the other TWINX stick in I get multiple errors. I am think this memory has a problem.

Please advise what to do next.

RAMGUY:

I found an old single stick of PC2100 Memory 256MB and am running it. So far MEMTEST and PRIME95 are reporting NO errors. What do you advise.

Archived