Corsair Community

Soyo Sy-P4I875P 2 x CMX512C2 in Dual Channel

cyberdeus

Hello

I am having a really hard time getting my two CMX512C2 sticks running in Dual Channel Mode. My Mobo is Soyo Sy-P4I875P. I tried all different Cas settings. The slots are correct according to the manual. My two sticks are different revisions. Can you suggest something for this?

Thank you in advance

What is the part# and revision of both modules? And you might try then at 2.7 Volts at Cass 2.5-3-3-7!

I tried these settings. It still runs on single mode :(:

My Sticks:

CMX512-3200C2 XMS 512 MB 400MHZ CL2 XMS 3202v1.2 0350099

CMX512-3200C2 XMS 512 MB 400MHZ CL2 XMS 3202v4.1 0449023-0

It would be best to run them in single channel since they are not the same exact part#. But you migth check the slots you have them in.

I have tried both options (slot1 + slot3, slot2 + slot4). It still runs on single mode. Is there any way that you could replace one of them with a stick tha t would be a pair for the other?

Thank you

• Corsair Employee

They should be in slots 1-3 or 2-4 for dual channel. But please check the user manual, it's been months since I looked at this MB.

This motherboard supports two Dual Channels to your memory. Note that you can use normal DDR memory for Dual Channel to work. Also note that for Dual Channel to work 2 or 4 modules of equal size and specifications have to be installed.

The largest memory capacity possible is 4GB. On this motherboard,

DRAM speed can be set independent from the CPU front side bus speed.

Note that when installing 4GB of memory, your total memory will be less than 4GB. The reason for this is that the BIOS, PCI and AGP cards claim part of your CPUs address space.

If you just bought these I would see if the reseller will let you exchange them for a Twinx set instead. If you had one and just got another then I would see if you can find another use for the old module and just get a Twinx set instead.

Or you are welcome to submit an RMA for both modules and request they be matched in version, but that is not a warranty issue, so it's up to customer service. But we cannot order a specific revision. Sorry!

If you want to try an RMA: Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com. And make it clear in the email what you need.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the RMA please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Archived