Corsair Community

CMX512-4000PRO problem

bollesaj

I Have a 1gb kit of the CMX512-4000PRO running on a Abit Av8 (BIOS 17) at stock speeds 200 FSB and 3-4-4-8-1 T and I get BSOD's randomly and the memory fails prime 95 within 30 Seconds ! I think I might have bad modules. Bye the way I also have a set of TWINX1024-4400C25 running flawlessly on the same system without an error. Anyone have any suggestions ? I think I need to RMA my CMX512-4000PRO :(:

Ultra X-500W power supply

AV8 (Bios 17)

Athlon 64 3500+

Western digtial Raptor

Maxtor Diamond 10 250gb

XFX 6800 Ultra

Sound blaster Audigy ZS

Danger Den water cooling

• Corsair Employee
Are you trying to Mix these modules? If so that might be the cause. If not I would test the modules one at a time with the memory Freq set to DDR400 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the timings to Cass 3-3-3-8 then run http://www.memtest.org on them and make sure its not some other problem. And if you change the memory you should load setup defaults before you make the changes in the bios.

• Corsair Employee
I would not suggest mixing these modules, and if you run 4 modules you would need to make sure that 2T Command Rate is enabled and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and you may have to run the timings at Cass 3-4-4-8.

Archived