Corsair Community

RMA Request - TwinX CMX256A-3200LLPT Issues

keirelan

Purchased paired memory through newegg but am outside of their return window. I tried using this memory to build 2 different machines. Both would stop loading windows at various different times with different stop errors. I tried adjusting the speed in the bios and installing each stick separately. This caused no change in the way the system operated. When installed in machines that are currently loaded it causes almost all programs to crash with access violations and random memory errors. I would just like to have these replaced with working modules. Thank you.

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me part# of the modules you replace these with and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me part# of the modules you replace these with and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Initially, I was trying to build a pc with an Asus board and a AMD 2500. I tried with setup defaults as well as with the performance settings in the bios. I have also tried to use the memory in my primary machine which is a MSI K7N2 Delta with a AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton which is running fine with 1024 MB of Corsair DDR - SDRAM PC3200 512 x2, FSB 166. I use standard settings in the BIOS unless I am having problems. I also tried it in a Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus. Same CPU, currently with 1024 Samsung DDR - SDRAM PC2700 512 x 2, at FSB 166. I have aslo tried it in a ABIT NF7S, FSB 166, currently has 512 of Corsair valueram PC3200 512 x 1.

• Corsair Employee

Please try and set these settings manually and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Please try and set these settings manually and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

I started running the test on the first stick. Currently I am 26 min into the test on pass 2 and showing 27 errors. What do you need to know from this test and do I need to continue running the tests?

Just an update, I am 2 hrs and 20 min into the test on the first stick. Currently on test 5 with 125 errors. From reading the readme, it appears that the next 2 test will take approx the same amount of time as the first 5 tests combined. I am not currently planning on running this test on the other stick as this is twinx memory, do I need to re-submit a RMA form or will I be contacted off of the RMA I submitted when I first posted? Thank you.

One more update, we are now at 13 Hrs, 43 min and 719 errors.

• Corsair Employee

Well I would test the other stick to be sure it's not some other problem. In other words if you get the same errors on the other module that would suggest some other problem. But I have no problem replacing your modules!

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived