Corsair Community

XMS Issue

Godzuki

I have XMS memory DDRAM 512mb 32MX8 PC-3200C2, and my motherboard is the ABIT IT7Max2. When i start my computer i get three beeps, and the computer is inoperable. I checked with Phoenix Award who are the makers of my bios and they tell me these beeps signify a ram issue. Can someone please help me with this annoying issue? I have to restart the computer using the power button to get it to boot correctly. :o:

• Corsair Employee
The beep code could possibly caused by the RAM; however it is not accurate, it only gives you a hint on where to start troubleshooting your system. So basically if you have more than 2 memory module; try testing the system one at a time, and clear your CMOS settings as well and see if it will let your system boots up. Basically all you can do at this point is to do a trial and error, and find out where the problem is coming from.

• Corsair Employee
Yes sometimes that will do the trick, or you may wanted to use your old module if you have one, and then try and update your BIOS to the latest one; but bottom line is that I would still highly recommend you to clear your CMOS.

RAM GUY i reset my CMOS, but i still have the same issue. When my computer boots and gets to Start up i click on one icon and several of them become highlighted, and when i click on them all the aplications that were highlighted start up creating havoc. What else can i do? I cannot afford to pull out my ram and have my computer inoperable, since my computer is used for work.

• Corsair Employee
The MB that you have is based on the Intel 845 chipset, which does not support 800MHz FSB, please change the settings on your BIOS for the memory Frequency at 333 or CPU to memory ratio at 2:3, and see if this will solve your problem.

Archived