Corsair Community

Message for Inheritance

dwbarnett

Hi, great job on the unofficial manual.

Request....At some point on a future update, could you expound some more on the Folders feature for profiles pleae. I have looked at Corsair James thtead in ref. I still don't quite understand how to use them. Appreciate everything.

Best,

David

Hi Inhereitance, Re Folders, mainly how to utilize them with profiles. I understand they are similiar to our previous nodes, just not quite sure how to incorporate them with a profile. ie how did we use them in our profiles.

Also, with the new feature of using a key to change a mode but also retaining its functionality, could you possibly give a step by step how to utilize thos feature. Example, I have always wanted to create a profile wereby, when pressing a certain key...ie ctrl it would illuminate all keys assoc. while holding the ctrl key, perhaps in a different color? Would like to see a little more step by step to f possible. For instance a multi layered profile step by step. The guide does a grreat job explaining buttons etc, but not necessarily what to do with them to accomplish a specific keyboard layout. If this is too much to add, understand. I realize I'll most likely get hammered with comments re the above post. Many folks, yourself etal, get it. I need a little more step by step tutorial type info. Yes, I have watched every video done on on CUE 2. None have ever given me a good idea how to accomplish my goal. If you read my previous posts, you'll see what i'm trying to accomplish. I believe you had responded to one of them. Non the less, Thank You again for your hard work n the guide. Eventually It'll click for me. Thank You for your response.

Best,

David

Re Folders, mainly how to utilize them with profiles. I understand they are similiar to our previous nodes, just not quite sure how to incorporate them with a profile. ie how did we use them in our profiles.

Also, with the new feature of using a key to change a mode but also retaining its functionality, could you possibly give a step by step how to utilize thos feature. Example, I have always wanted to create a profile wereby, when pressing a certain key...ie ctrl it would illuminate all keys assoc. while holding the ctrl key, perhaps in a different color? Would like to see a little more step by step to f possible. For instance a multi layered profile step by step. The guide does a great job explaining buttons etc, but not necessarily what to do with them to accomplish a specific keyboard layout. If this is too much to add, understand. I realize I'll most likely get hammered with comments re the above post. Many folks, yourself et. al., get it. I need a little more step by step tutorial type info. Yes, I have watched every video done on on CUE 2. None have ever given me a good idea how to accomplish my goal. If you read my previous posts, you'll see what i'm trying to accomplish. I believe you had responded to one of them. Nonetheless, Thank You again for your hard work n the guide. Eventually It'll click for me. Thank You for your response.

Best,

David

Hi David, I am not Inheritance, so I hope you don't mind my contribution to this thread. I have done exactly what you wish, and can expand on instructions to accomplish it.

First, I recommend using the CUE folders to group related profiles together, that will work to implement multi-mode functionality. Within each folder, choose the first profile listed as the default, and associate it with any desired program.

Here is a simple example; let's say that you wish the NumLock key to light up your numeric keypad.

Copy your "default" profile to "NumLockEnabled". In your default profile, set lighting on your numpad to indicate a deactivated state. In your "NumLockEnabled" profile, set lighting on your numeric keys to indicate activated state. In "default" profile, define a profile switch action to "NumLockEnabled", associate it with your NumLock key, and ensure that "retain original key function" is enabled. In "NumLockEnabled" profile, define a profile switch action to "default" profile, and assign it to NumLock key, and ensure "retain original key function" is enabled.

Now, pressing the "NumLock" key will toggle between your two profiles, and your numeric keypad will work as an indicator. You could, of course, directly define each of your numeric keypad keys to just run a text action of the associated numeric key, and then you don't need to retain original key function, as the profile will take care of acting like NumLock was enabled.

You can expand on this basic example by using advanced features of CUE, such as actions that occur only while a key is pressed. Other useful CUE features are using the TIMER action, setting it to reset when the Enter key is pressed, and having it switch to a "lightsout" profile on timer expiry--this allows you to have the Corsair lighting turn off when your system is inactive.

Archived