Corsair Community

Scimitar for dummies

Gamingscrub

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I would love to know how to program the side buttons to complete an action based off how long I'm holding down the key. Say for example, I want to press the 2 key, and want it to continue that action until I release it, how do I go about doing so? I've tried adding delays, but there are times in game, when I want to hold the key longer than normal... Some actions may be quick, and other times, there may be a "charging" action required. I'm trying to set my keys to press, and not release UNTIL I remove my finger from that key.

Any help with this, would be greatly appreciated.

After messing around in Cue, and doing some searching on the internet, I've come to realize that I cannot set the side mouse buttons to "Imitate Hold". That seems to be only for the keyboards. Pretty sad that a simple feature like this was overlooked, and hasn't been addressed yet. I've had to switch back to my Razer Naga when gaming, just to get that simple feature to work. This is upsetting, mainly because I bought the Scimitar to replace the Naga, which was failing, but it simply can't even do that.

After messing around in Cue, and doing some searching on the internet, I've come to realize that I cannot set the side mouse buttons to "Imitate Hold". That seems to be only for the keyboards. Pretty sad that a simple feature like this was overlooked, and hasn't been addressed yet. I've had to switch back to my Razer Naga when gaming, just to get that simple feature to work. This is upsetting, mainly because I bought the Scimitar to replace the Naga, which was failing, but it simply can't even do that.

umm yes, it can.... are you using a hardware profile or software? CUE doesn't care what your device is, all devices have the same functions if CUE is running.

After messing around in Cue, and doing some searching on the internet, I've come to realize that I cannot set the side mouse buttons to "Imitate Hold". That seems to be only for the keyboards. Pretty sad that a simple feature like this was overlooked, and hasn't been addressed yet.

Holding down the side buttons on the Scimitar Pro RGB does seem to work for me. Examples include REMAP KEY actions for:

M01. Left Button

M02. Middle Button

M03. Right Button

M08. Back

M09. Forward

In all these cases, a mouse button press event is sent to my application when I press the G key, and a mouse button release event is sent to my application when I release the G key. So there is no need to "imitate" a hold; the act of holding the G key down delays the button release event until I let go of the G key.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you using REMAP KEY? See if you can reproduce the success I mentioned earlier; I have attached a CUE profile for you to import that implements the mapping.

Holding down the side buttons on the Scimitar Pro RGB does seem to work for me. Examples include REMAP KEY actions for:

M01. Left Button

M02. Middle Button

M03. Right Button

M08. Back

M09. Forward

In all these cases, a mouse button press event is sent to my application when I press the G key, and a mouse button release event is sent to my application when I release the G key. So there is no need to "imitate" a hold; the act of holding the G key down delays the button release event until I let go of the G key.

Let me know if it works for you using my provided information, and then together we can figure out why your own attempts are not working.

mouse.cueprofile

Edited by Comet ☄

Are you using REMAP KEY? See if you can reproduce the success I mentioned earlier; I have attached a CUE profile for you to import that implements the mapping.

Let me know if it works for you using my provided information, and then together we can figure out why your own attempts are not working.

Try using the profile I supplied in this thread.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...