Corsair Community

Keyboard layouts for Belgium?

OwNzOr

Hello everyone,

The corsair keyboard that i currently have is a strafe RGB and it seems i have a key chatter issue on the space key which renders it useless. I thought i could use RMA to get a replacement but i remembered i didn't buy it from the corsair webstore and i can't remember where i bought it either :p (probably amazon or something). Pretty sad that it broke after only 6 months of use.

Anyway... I'm thinking of buying a K70 LUX RGB now, this time from the webstore so i have an easier time using RMA if i have to. My question was however if it's possible somehow to get this keyboard with a keyboard layour for use in Belgium. You see, i believe we have one of the more rare (retarded?) keyboard layouts. It's Azerty instead of Qwerty for starters and most of the symbols are on a different location aswel. I believe it's called Azerty 'Belgium(Period)'.

The product code on the bottom of my keyboard is CH-9000121-BE. This code doesn't exist in the product number list on the corsair site. The best thing i can find is CH-9000121-EU. What keyboard layour does this one have? Cause looking at the images they all seem to be Qwerty layouts.

Is there a way to obtain one of these (BE) keyboards or setup and (EU) one with the layout i'm looking for instead thought the corsair webstore?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I did find the correct keyboard on the corsair webstore. However it doesn't seem to be sold by the webstore. My only option is to select a retailer. This is how i bought my strafe RGB which broke and can't seem to RMA now.

http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/k70-lux-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-brown-be

EDIT2: I've been lurking the web for a bit now and i seems to be impossible to find one of these keyboards: CH-9101012-BE. The closes things i can find is one with red instead of brown keys or one with brown keys, but without RGB. Come on Corsair, sell me your product damnit :p.

Funny, but my k70 rgb in Belgium edition has exactly the same keychatter problem.

Spacebar still chatters every now and then , but some firmware update did fix a lot.

This keybord was not usable when it was new due to all the keychatter that was going on.

Real quality i'd say. k70 rgb rapidfire Belgium layout with CH-9101014-BE productcode. Also bought in local retailshop.

Funny, but my k70 rgb in Belgium edition has exactly the same keychatter problem.

Spacebar still chatters every now and then , but some firmware update did fix a lot.

This keybord was not usable when it was new due to all the keychatter that was going on.

Real quality i'd say. k70 rgb rapidfire Belgium layout with CH-9101014-BE productcode. Also bought in local retailshop.

Do you mean that you k70 rapidfire had the same problem? Or that you bought a rapidfire after your k70 lux started getting that problem?

Do you think that a firmware update could fix the keyboard i have right now? And how would you go about to install that firmware?

EDIT: i forced a firmware update (even though i was running the latest version) using the corsait utility engine. Sadly this didn't fix the problem.

the newly bought k70 rapidfire rgb had the chatterproblem out of the box. New firmware update has improved the chatter quite a bit. I also fiddled around with some bios usb settings, making sure that no legacy operation is active on usb. This means i have to connect it to a usb 2 port since at boot i don't have access to usb 3 due to me setting the usb in bios to basic opperation without ASUS extra features. Only when the os is running the usb 3 becomes active. The asus extra features make it so that you can boot from usb3 devices but this seems to **** up the normal usb opperation somehow. This is because at boot the asus feature turns the usb3 ports into usb2 ports temporarilly till the os runs.

and i also disabled the fast startup option in bios , so that at every boot usb devices get rediscovered instead of going with a saved table of what was connected before shutdown.

the newly bought k70 rapidfire rgb had the chatterproblem out of the box. New firmware update has improved the chatter quite a bit. I also fiddled around with some bios usb settings, making sure that no legacy operation is active on usb. This means i have to connect it to a usb 2 port since at boot i don't have access to usb 3 due to me setting the usb in bios to basic opperation without ASUS extra features. Only when the os is running the usb 3 becomes active. The asus extra features make it so that you can boot from usb3 devices but this seems to **** up the normal usb opperation somehow. This is because at boot the asus feature turns the usb3 ports into usb2 ports temporarilly till the os runs.

and i also disabled the fast startup option in bios , so that at every boot usb devices get rediscovered instead of going with a saved table of what was connected before shutdown.

Hmm, to be frank why are we buying these keyboards in the first place? I've been using 15-30€ keyboards almost my entire life. I then bought a gaming keyboard, a logitech one. It wasn't a mechanical though, but it worked just as good as the cheap ones. I really wanted to try a mechanical keyboard after this, so after a lot of looking around i decided to buy the strafe RGB one (which i'm currently using). It took me a little while to get used to the extremely sensitive keys, but i love it now. However it's malfunctioning now leaving it useless in most games and making it extremely frustrating to type.

These keyboards are supposed to be pretty high end as far as keyboards go. Their price also reflects this. But as far as my experience goes with them i'm starting to be quite dissapointed. And i assume that this happening to you aswel makes these problems rather common?

I'm still gonna go through with buying a new corsair one, after all their style attracts me. But it better not break down within a couple of years.

Still though, i would like to have an answer if it's possible to purchase this keyboard i'm looking for with a belgium layout. RMA is just even more of a bitch if you purchase it through a retailer.

Do you have the receipt for the STRAFE RGB keyboard for an RMA? If so, you can RMA it by submitting a ticket via Corsair's support portal.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

Most of the images on the product page are stock images.

Purchasing from a Authorised Corsair reseller and keeping the receipt for warranty purposes should not cause any problems during the RMA process.

be.jpg.8621f0730a7fccf59eb194b79f4c25c4.jpg

Do you have the receipt for the STRAFE RGB keyboard for an RMA? If so, you can RMA it by submitting a ticket via Corsair's support portal.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

Most of the images on the product page are stock images.

Purchasing from a Authorised Corsair reseller and keeping the receipt for warranty purposes should not cause any problems during the RMA process.

Sadly i have not held on to the receipt or the box the keyboard came in. Like i said before, i've never really had any issues with malfunctioning hardware uptil now. I definitely learned from this experience though and i'll make sure to hold on to all the boxes/receipts of hardware i'm using.

If i do order a new Corsair product, but from a retailer. If i happen to have an issue with the product in the future will i be able to contact corsair for an RMA process? Or will i have to go to the retailer for help?

Purchase the new Corsair product from a authorised Corsair reseller and you will have no problems with Corsair's RMA process.

Stores;

http://www.corsair.com/where-to-buy

Corsair's warranty policy;

http://www.corsair.com/support/warranty

Depending on your reseller, Most usually request warranty via their distributor and not directly with Corsair. It will be best to contact Corsair instead if you do encounter problems after the usual 30 day returns period at most resellers.

Archived