Corsair Community

Why can't I find Commander mini anywhere? (Not in the U.S.)

kevinljxljx

I am currently trying to improve my computer's cooling by trying to control case fans more dynamically. I want to be able to control them based on the different temperatures of different components in the case. However, my motherboard can't adjust fan speed based on GPU temp. After some research, it seems like the Corsair Commander Link would be the best choice for me. However, I can't find anyone who sell it in the country where I live (China). It is also out of stock on U.S. Amazon and NewEgg, and some people sell it with very high price on Ebay. The only place where it is sold with reasonable price is on Corsair's website, but they don't ship it to China.

So my question is: Is Corsair going to release a new version of the Commander mini very soon, so everyone is trying to get rid of their stock? Which would make sense that nobody has it in stock now. Or is it that the Commander Mini just sucks so nobody sells it because nobody buys it?

Thanks!

I just checked Amazon here is the US and they show 16 of them in Stock for $79 from a vendor called SY FD. That is not a great price but they are available. I bought mine from Amazon about a month ago for $63 direct from Amazon. Here is the link (I hope - posting from phone). I have no idea if they will ship to China but they do seem to have them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PPW2QFU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's available via https://www.alternate.co.uk/Corsair/Commander-Mini/html/product/1163867 in the UK and from the other alternate sites in europe.

Whats really silly is the box says "Made in China" on it :bigeyes:

I found B&H sells it with fairly ok price. I might give it a try.

As the fact that we can't buy many things that were made in China.... Many times they just get exported right away without leaving stock for the Chinese market..... And as the fact, Corsair products are actually more expensive in China compare to other places like North America, which doesn't make any sense at all...... I mean, there is no international shipping and no import tax....... This world is weird....

I just checked Amazon here is the US and they show 16 of them in Stock for $79 from a vendor called SY FD. That is not a great price but they are available. I bought mine from Amazon about a month ago for $63 direct from Amazon. Here is the link (I hope - posting from phone). I have no idea if they will ship to China but they do seem to have them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PPW2QFU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the info! I found one on B&H Photo. It seems to be cheaper even with international shipping :)

Glad you found one. I understand what you mean about international import laws. My company buys products made in China but we can't use them in Chinese projects because they are not CCCC approved. CCCC is analagous to UL, CE, etc. They can make these products in China but you can't import (or re-import) them into China. Makes no sense to me but I don't try to understand governments. :thinking:

Archived