Corsair Community

This is otrageous isn't it?

Kd2

Sorry but i'm not expecting this from a reliable company like Corsair.

They accept my RMA for the rams, but the conditions are absolutely insane and i end up losing my whole pc and more money:

- i have to ship my broken sticks before and they send me new ones, they don't replace me on the fly, so i have to stay without my PC for about 30 or more days? Are you serious?

And no, i don't have spare rams to use as a placeholder, why i should?

- i have to pay with my money the carrier from my home to Holland (their eu warehouse) and the cost is about 30 Usd, i have understand correctly? I bought the ram back in 2012 for 35 usd and now i have to pay the same for the shipping?

What's the hell is the advantage to have a lifetime warranty if the conditions are these?

At this point i say **** off, i trash the rams, i buy new ones at full price and i will never buy in my life another Corsair product, this is pretty lame and very unprofessional, i give you credit buying your products (rams and psu) and this is the support i have in return?

Nope.

• Administrators
i have to ship my broken sticks before and they send me new ones, they don't replace me on the fly, so i have to stay without my PC for about 30 or more days? Are you serious?
The ticket system mentions express RMAs before a ticket is created:

Express Replacement: To minimize down time, Corsair offers an Express Replacement RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) process where we will ship your replacement product prior to receiving your defective product. A credit card hold equivalent to the retail cost of your unit is required. To avoid being charged, we need to receive your unit back within 10 business days from the date your Express RMA is shipped. You may also be charged if the item received is not covered under the warranty, or is a different item from what was approved.

I'd suggest calling in to upgrade to an express RMA.

i have to pay with my money the carrier from my home to Holland (their eu warehouse) and the cost is about 30 Usd, i have understand correctly? I bought the ram back in 2012 for 35 usd and now i have to pay the same for the shipping?
Correct, you pay for shipping to our RMA depot and we pay for the return shipping. Those shipping costs seem high for the EU. You may want to check with other shippers.

Thanks to find the time to reply, this is not what they reply to me:

Created By: Jamey TS (2/11/2017 12:16 PM)

Unfortunately, our online system is currently unable to process Express RMA. If you would like to request an Express RMA, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-222-4346 Ext. 701 (Outside US can call this number free of charge via Skype) from Mon-Wed Fri 7am-5pm/Thurs 7a-3:30pm Pacific Standard Time

The terms of the Express RMA are as follows:

This process requires a valid Credit Card where a holding fee will be applied for the cost of the product until the returning product(s) are received by Corsair. Once the Credit Card information has been processed we will send you your replacement unit. When you receive it, please send in your defective product. To avoid being fully charged for the Express Replacement product(s), the defective product(s) must be received by Corsair within 10 business days from the date your Express Replacement order is shipped

As i explained to the support guy i don't spoke english very well, english is not my native language so i will fail to understand what i have to do. However i can provide my credit card credentials as an insurance if they are scary i can stole the rams and don't send back the broken ones. I just need to know what to do to start the process.

I also proposed to buy the same kind of ram directly on the corsair store or at Amazon (italy), then when the broken ram arrived to the Holland warehouse they can refund me for the same price.

But no reply. Well, not everyone is a us citizen and spoke fluent english, unfortunately europe is a cauldron of different cultures and languages (not a bad thing).

There is another issue, they give me 10 days to send back the old rams, but this is not possible with regular shipping, the distance between my country and Holland is not so close, unless i use a expensive carrier and do the insurance but if i do so we back to the point that i need to pay the same price i paid for the rams, then i'm wondering what is the point to do all this mess if i have to pay the same amount, at this point isn't better if i buy directly new sticks and then trash the broken ones?

Otherwise have you some more tips to give me to solve the matter in another and more easy way more fleasible for both of us?

• Administrators
Thanks to find the time to reply, this is not what they reply to me:

Created By: Technical Support Rep (2/11/2017 12:16 PM)

Unfortunately, our online system is currently unable to process Express RMA. If you would like to request an Express RMA, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-222-4346 Ext. 701 (Outside US can call this number free of charge via Skype) from Mon-Wed Fri 7am-5pm/Thurs 7a-3:30pm Pacific Standard Time

We both suggested that you call in. We both did say the same thing. The bolded part is a poorly worded way for them to say that you can't set up an express RMA through the ticket system after the ticket's been created.

However i can provide my credit card credentials as an insurance
This is what the express RMA does - obtains your credit card as collateral so we can send the replacement first.

There is another issue, they give me 10 days to send back the old rams, but this is not possible with regular shipping, the distance between my country and Holland is not so close, unless i use a expensive carrier and do the insurance but if i do so we back to the point that i need to pay the same price i paid for the rams, then i'm wondering what is the point to do all this mess if i have to pay the same amount, at this point isn't better if i buy directly new sticks and then trash the broken ones?
Unfortunately purchasing memory from a store and then getting a refund isn't an option. As for the 10 days, just ask for an extension.

Unfortunately purchasing memory from a store and then getting a refund isn't an option. As for the 10 days, just ask for an extension.

I can't communicate in english because is not my main language, i'm able just to write it and with a translator for difficult words but is ok, as i said in the RMA ticket is also my fault, i learned the lesson for future reference.

I just bought new sticks so within 3 days i can send you my old broken dimms with my country carrier (22 € shipping cost is the less was able to find). In the end i will end up with 16 gb of ram and pay extra money but is ok.

I know is not your fault but the company policy so thanks again for the reply and the patience, i doubt i will buy again Corsair items in future not because they are bad but because i need a brand that have a direct support service in my country and expecially in my native language like Asus, Amazon, Gigabyte, etc..., expecially for items like rams with "lieftime warranty" and international support.

Cya.

I second the general idea of your post, Kd2. The current situation with Corsair is kind of ridiculous.

It wasn't always like this (at least for me). I've bought Corsair of just about everything you can at one point or another. Out of all those products, only one died on me--a mouse a several years ago. Did the ExpressRMA and a pre-paid shipping label back to the US warrantee centre came standard with the replacement part. Was a nice touch and made me feel like a valued customer. Felt confident in buying more Corsair parts.

Fast forward years later, one RAM stick in a set of two has died within 6 months. Only now the expectation is I have to fork over $$$ for international shipping within a strict timeline. And there is still no Canadian return option.

Customer-paid returns to a Canadian centre? Fine. It still doesn't compare to free labels provided by other manufacturers, but fine. Customer-paid returns to the US? ...

Guess I'll be buying elsewhere until warrantee options change. :/

Archived