Corsair Community

Crystal 570X Radiator Question (TOP)

SpraykwoN

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok but the 360 version of kraken will pass on the top? There is no option in the front for me. I bought that case only for sexy look and even good temp holding

No, the top is going to be limited to a 240mm cooler. I had the front in mind for any 360mm. That is where most people end up placing their radiators in the 460/570 builds.

i have the 570x.... but have the H150i Pro cooler in it (also 360).. it will not fit up top with the standard 2x140mm fan tray that is installed in the top.. and the front tray wont fit up top either,... i need to ask,, why wont the Kraken fit in the front?

Corsair are bringing a 360mm AIO out in the early new year buddy... will fit lovely in the front of that ;)

Zotty, Corsair ee Jam says in the thread below that he hasn't heard about Corsair bringing out an H150i Platinum....are you talking about that or something different? I haven't watched all of them, but the reviews on the H115i Platinum seem to show better performance over the Pro with both the pumps and the rads being more robust. I want to go with Corsair cooling solutions, but it drives me nuts that you can't top mount the 115 series in the 570x case if using a z390 motherboard. I am trying to build with a i9-9900k (hot af) and an rx590 GPU (also hot af), so want all the cooling i can get. I am willing to wait on a new 360mm cooling solution if one is around the corner. As always, your comments and contributions to these forums are most appreciated.

Corsair dude says no: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182172

H115i Platinum review: [ame]

[/ame]

Zotty, heard about Corsair bringing out an H150i Platinum

The Quote below was posted 11 months ago lol (12-14-2017)

Corsair are bringing a 360mm AIO out in the early new year buddy... will fit lovely in the front of that ;)

and was Pre.. H150i Pro Release.. which is what i was referring to dude

LOL.. we can only hope dude... i'd buy one...

Can't you use your pull with these folks to get them to produce one? I don't really understand why they didn't give us one to begin with seeing as how that would be the workaround to the fact that you can't go with a 240mm top mount in the 570x. If you are going to release one or the other first (or at all), seems to me it should have been the 360mm.

But then again, wth do i know.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if still needed or not, but i got me the Corsair 570x RGB red Case with the Corsair H115i pro 280mm radiator. Also ive got the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 3 motherboard which seems to have one of the lowest VRM coolers. And i had to pop the cooler off and flip it around so the fins pointed the other direction due to clearance...

So this is def not a good design from corsair to have a 280mm corsair radiator made that doesnt fit in a corsair case supporting 280mm radiators. Right now looking into a new motherboard and unless i swap some fans around and move the h115i to the front im not gonna be able to even use the H115i anymore and id have to get another AIO or another case.

33513523-f183-43d7-afa3-69be2ea3f6ef.jpg

223a80ae-bf60-46e1-bf30-a9364f7b56c9.jpg

I would definitely recommend getting either a thin 280 radiator or a 240 radiator for the 2 top placements OR a 120-240-360 radiator for the front.

Reason for a thin 280 radiator would be the VRM heat sink clearance.... My H115i Pro is literally on top of the Heat sink after i rotated them to have more clearance.....

I originally wanted to get the NZXT Kraken to mount a AIO on my 1080 but that plan is now gonna need some tweaking.... Because i am not sure if i want to stick with this motherboard due to overclocking issues. So if i were to get a 360 radiator for the front and also get another motherboard id have to swap out the H115i Pro for another one. Or i could fashion it to the front fans and just get a 240 radiator for the top.

Archived