Corsair Community

[HELP] PC doesn't recognize Strafe

redvxns

I need help my Strafe RGB suddenly stop functioning. Below are the details:

1. When I plug my Strafe, I can't type on it and my PC doesn't detect my Strafe (usually have sound when I plug in any USB device)

2. The keyboard LED does light up but after few seconds it goes to Rainbow Wave lighting effect and return back to default LED (red and white on WASD) and the loop goes on but still I can't type on it

I check on Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 2 and they can't recognize my keyboard as well. This issue happened after I made a custom lighting profile and save it into my keyboard (I don't know if this was the cause of the problem).

Can you guys suggest any solution to this? Because the keyboard is not even 1 month old. Please let me know by replying to this thread.

P/S: I have re-installed CUE 2 and I have restored my system to the previous state which is on 28/9 and the problem still occur.

I have tried plugging in my keyboard on another PC, they still can't detect my keyboard but the light goes on and I can't type anything.

• 3 months later...

What keyboard do you have?

It sounds like you have the first generation K70/K95 RGB, You will need to connect the connector with the keyboard icon on it for it to work. The second connector is for extra power.

If you do not have the first generation RGB keyboards, To reset the firmware;

Unplug the keyboard, then hold down the ESC key while plugging the keyboard in.

Archived