Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.3.0.154 here

Technobeard

I don't think so, why do you think there should be one?

CL4 seems to use C:\ProgramData\CLink4\ for it's files.

Sorry for the delayed response...I have been reading on how to completely uninstall CLlink4 on the forums and it mentions to delete that file..

What is the current and effective way to remove CLlink4?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for the delayed response...I have been reading on how to completely uninstall CLlink4 on the forums and it mentions to delete that file..

What is the current and effective way to remove CLlink4?

I suspect it was talking about CL3, but as you failed to link to where you read this I can't sensibly comment.

CL4 is not my software. You need to ask Corsair via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp as they no longer answer posts.

Hi Red-Ray, files attached from new SIV beta version and the two Gigabyte files shut down.

Once again the Manage Attachments function has blocked you DMI file even when ZIPPed.

Thank you, but before you did this then I suspect there was a bad conflict and the SMBus totally locked up. I can tell this as all the Peak Times are 999 and the total time was 134.025 seconds! The system will need to be rebooted to fix this.

You can attach .ZIP but I guess not .RAR. The .DMI file attached to the e-mail was good and after comparing the corrupted one had all the 0x00 (NUL) bytes changed to 0x20 (space).

The support is about 90% there, but I need to compare what SIV and GBT EasyTune report so I can use the correct sensor names. Please can you post a side-by-side screen shot showing top left of [sensor Debug] + EasyTune on the right so I can see what to adjust. New save files would also be good.

Did you miss this? Please can you generate one?

attachment.php?attachmentid=27274&stc=1&d=1484207387

898847704_SMBBusLocked.png.6e900ba5569abd659321830745a44644.png

Thank you, almost, but please can you post a screen shot showing both the [sensor Debug] and the bottom of Smart Boost so I can check how what SIV and it reports compare and then adjust SIV. Something like as attached.

In SMB Bus wait 0.png the SMBus worked and it should and ideally, but in SMB Bus Normal.png some other software failed to correctly interact with the SMBus and failed to clear the hardware INUSE_SYS hardware flag. I suspect some Gigabyte software and plan to ask Gigabyte to fix this.

1. SIV32X.exe is for Windows XP and later x32/x86.
  2. SIV64X.exe is for Windows x64 and is what you should use.
  3. SIV32L.exe is for Windows 2000/NT4/95/98/Me.
  4. SIV64I.exe is for Windows Itanium, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itanium
  5. SIV32A.exe is for Windows Alpha/AXP, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEC_Alpha

There are also SIVxnn.sys which are the kernel mode device drivers which SIV automatically selects.

1602350460_likethis.thumb.png.3c062b01f0beabfe56bd866f9687d1ba.png

is this what you need.

Thank you, it's ideal. I have adjusted Beta-11 which should now display the correct temperature names.

Can other values be scrolled into view and/or can the bottom of the EasyTune window be made taller? I suspect so as there looks to be a resize facility at the bottom right, if not maybe post two screen shots with the top/bottom values in view.

Your motherboard looks to have 8 fan headers, but EasyTune only displays 5 fan speeds. How many fans do you have connected to the motherboard?

It would be good if you connected a fan to each header in turn, checked that SIV reported it and that the name was correct, if not please tell me what each fan name should be.

Do you have any sensors connected to the EC_TEMP1/EC_TEMP2 (Temperature Sensor Headers)?

These posts are nothing to do with CL 4.3.0.154 and suspect it would be better if you posted to http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665

I installed the update and I'm not sure what's happening. Fan speeds are all over the place, not responding to changes in profiles. The fan are spin way faster than they ever have, very noisey. No overheating or anything. Also, the Corsair logo on the pump went from white to red.

I am experiencing similar issues whereby fan RPMs are all over the show spinning up and down and does not respond to fan profile settings to try and stabilize it

Same, rolling back to 4.2.4.25 fixed it but only with "remove configuration settings" set.

Same issue here with v4.3.0.154 on Windows 10 in combination with the H110i GT. Exiting/killing/uninstalling Link fixes the fan RPM bursts. Didn't experience this issue on older versions.
4 months have passed and still nothing on this issue. Not even an unrelated software update for Corsair Link. Seriously Corsair? I will never again buy something from Corsair which needs software support. This is insane! :mad:

I just did a clean install of my system and I made the mistake of trying 4.3.0.154. My fans went crazy and the system even shut down because of power supply problems. I managed to get stop 4.3.0.154 and do a system restore. Everything is back to normal but the H100i water pump is running at full speed. I thought the problem might be changes in the bios so I cleared my CMOS and reset the bios. Nothing changed.

The only thing I can think of is that 4.3.0.154 changed something in the H100i firmware. Can anyone suggest how to change it back? I really don't like sitting next to something that sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Can anyone suggest how to change it back?

First it's not a H100i if it has a variable speed pump, what is it?

The only way to change it back is with software, so you either need to use CL4 or do as I did and develop you own control software.

First it's not a H100i if it has a variable speed pump, what is it?

The only way to change it back is with software, so you either need to use CL4 or do as I did and develop you own control software.

Okay the pump my not be variable speed but the fans connected to the pump are controlled by that unit.

I don't think CL4 is an option, it looked good until the restart. Writing my own control software... dream on! :bigeyes: I do have a third easier option remove the H100i and install the heatsink and fan that came with my CPU.

I wonder how much I can get for the H100i on Ebay. :roll:

Breimeister, I really think the noise comes from your fans running full speed as it is my experience the pump is not that noisy at all.

Best way to solve this is installing a c-link version that works on your system and setting a default profile for you fans.

After that you can remove link as you wish and your h100i will function with default values, still noisy when under load but quiet when idle or browsing etc.

Good luck!

Breimeister, I really think the noise comes from your fans running full speed as it is my experience the pump is not that noisy at all.

Best way to solve this is installing a c-link version that works on your system and setting a default profile for you fans.

After that you can remove link as you wish and your h100i will function with default values, still noisy when under load but quiet when idle or browsing etc.

Good luck!

Thanks. I decided to replace the H100i with the heat sink and fan that came with my processor. It was the fans attached to the H100i causing the noise because my system is almost dead quiet now. The cpu temperature hovers around 54C instead of 30C with the H100i but it still works great. I tried a stress test and my processor dropped the processor speed a bit on my unlocked processor but did not lockup or crash. I can set the fans to performance in the bios but I prefer the quiet.

Maybe Corsair link will work on my next build... The Asus IX is tempting. :biggrin:

I am running Windows 10 Pro (v1607, x64). I tried v4.3.0.154. It detected my Intel SSD, which the previous version did not. That was nice! Unfortunately, the Corsair Link 4 service crashes upon shutdown. It also crashes when the computer enters sleep mode. Also, most of my previous configuration settings did not carry over. I have reverted back to the previous version for now. The sleep mode issue worries me.

I have exactly the same issues and setup and have been waiting for a fix for what seems like an eternity. Corsair could you please fix this crashing problem. It is the only piece of software that causes any issues on my computer! I'm at the point where I will never buy a Corsair product again, as I have never seen greater software incompetency.

I setup new PC with Asus Maximus IX Code + i7 7700k kaby lake. Corsair link does not read any temperatures.

I already open the ticket in Corsair and do 72 hours without answers and no solutions ...

Regret it!

Sorry to hear that but you are using cutting edge technology, a.k.a. the bleeding edge. :(: At least Corsair Link does not crash your system.

You also have the Asus utilities available for Windows 10 64bit. Nothing for my Maximus VI Hero so I use Speedfan. Right now I have very little incentive to upgrade my system.

you are using cutting edge technology

So what? Why is it only CL4 that fails to sensibly report Kaby Lake based systems?

I added Kaby Lake support to SIV in July 2016 as did most other developers to their system monitoring utilities. It's only CL4 that is lacking this support which is simply down to Corsair lacking professional diligence.

Below you can see CL 4.3.0.154 reported one Corsair Vengeance LED DIMM, so it knows about the Z270 PCH SMBus controller so for it to fail to report Kaby Lake core temperatures is incompetent, as is only reporting one of the two DIMM LEDs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27402&d=1485354880

I had answers from Corsair, soon an update of Corsair Link.

Support: Criado por: Francois TS (2/1/2017 10:16 AM)

Hello Denis,

There are some incompatibility issues between CL4 and Kaby Lake. We're working towards fixing it in a coming update. For now, try a fresh installation:

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.

- Uninstall the Corsair Link software.

- Run CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

- Restart your computer

- Reinstall Corsair Link.

I had answers from Corsair, soon an update of Corsair Link.

Support: Criado por: Francois TS (2/1/2017 10:16 AM)

Hello Denis,

There are some incompatibility issues between CL4 and Kaby Lake. We're working towards fixing it in a coming update. For now, try a fresh installation:

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.

- Uninstall the Corsair Link software.

- Run CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

- Restart your computer

- Reinstall Corsair Link.

This is total rubbish. The issue is that C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\cpuidsdk.dll is too old to support Kaby Lake and for this to work Corsair need to make a later release of the CPUID SDK available for download.

You can reinstall CL4 'till the cows come home and it will not work 'till you get a later CPUID SDK.

It also causes issues on my systems and I reported this a long time ago.

The CPUID SDK that comes with CL 4.3.0.154 is ancient and as a result my DIMMs and NVMe Disks still don't get reported. Why was such an old CPUID SDK released?

1) Corsair LINK 4.2.4.25

2) Windows 10 Pro

3) Error 1923 (0x783):Service 'Corsair Link 4' (Clink4Service) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

(Corsair LINK Installer v4.3.0.154)

Just ran into this issue myself, turns out it requires escalated execution. So instead of running directly from the zip file, extract it to your desktop, right click, run as administrator.
Does not work

4) Sometimes freese system

======Task Manager=====

"Windows defender user interface" 15-20% CPU

"CorsairLink4.Service(32-bit)" 10-15% CPU

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 50-52*C --> 70-72*C

http://s05.radikal.ru/i178/1702/e7/fecfaf93dc59t.jpg

http://s018.radikal.ru/i513/1702/db/c5fd5672d44bt.jpg

http://s018.radikal.ru/i518/1702/45/f76cd48dee10t.jpg

Archived