Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.3.0.154 here

Technobeard

Hi guys, newbie here, reporting:

1) Corsair Link 4.3.0.154

2) Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits, build 14393.222

3) USB dongle driver not recognized for AX860i

4) After upgrading to the current windows build, corsair USB dongle appears listed as "warning" on device manager, under the "Corsair Link TM USB Dongle" description. Tried other versions of CL Soft, but any would see the device and recognize.

Important: before windows upgrade, device worked OK, so it's clearly an incompatibility between OS build and CL soft version.

Hope this helps for further development of driver updates.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What error code is reported? Right/Click on it and select Properties

Sorry, I can't tell now... I forced a manual driver lookup (used the Hydro Series 7289 under USB controllers) and the device started transmitting info again.

Just came back to let you know this steps that worked for me.

Is it possible to add "0 %" fan speed to custom mode? I need 40% speed (720 rpm) on load and 0 % when idle. Thanks.

Anyone?! :)

You need to specify the device otherwise it's impossible to answer.

I can't even guess as you failed to add your PC specs to your profile.

Done. Check my profile please.

Good, but you have not said which device you wish to use 0 RPM on.

At a guess it's the HX850i and you wish to stop the PSU fan, is this so?

I feel the same, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=871686. Needless to say Corsair have failed to respond as usual, they really do lack any professional diligence.

I feel the same, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=871686. Needless to say Corsair have failed to respond as usual, they really do lack any professional diligence.

I come by the forum every couple months after fighting with my CL enabled cooler for a couple years. I've moved on to using the capabilities built into ASUS motherboards, to control fans and pumps, and have found them to work well, and be bug free.

Related to some work systems I was putting together, I recently purchased about 8K worth of stuff. If CL worked, I would have given them the business, since CL is nothing more than a bullet point designed to sell a product to the unknowledgeable about how well CL really works, I purchased other solutions. There is a need for some truly great solutions in this area, but Corsair doesn't have a clue.

Red-ray, you have done more for CL than any of Corsair's employees! You should be on the payroll. They should be sending you alpha and beta releases of every CL enabled product, so you can test and give feedback, but my guess is they don't really care, and only want the feature listed on the box.

Hi,

Please support 4K 2160p (3840x2160) resolution and High DPI scaling.

I'm using Windows 10 x64 Pro, Build 14393.222

resolution is set up to 3840x2160 and 300% scaling in order to be able to read texts without problems, else they are getting to tiny on a 4K screen.

Everybody with 4K experience nows, what I mean.

The problem is, that the corsair link cut's down the window at the bottom and there are no scrolling options, so you can't see everything.

What would help: UI scaling, font size scaling and scroll bars on the home and Configure Tabs, adjustable window size as it's far too big now with these settings.

And please add a high resolution icon in the taskbar, because the current one looks very ugly at this resolution.

New to the forum.

I installed the update and I'm not sure what's happening. Fan speeds are all over the place, not responding to changes in profiles. The fan are spin way faster than they ever have, very noisey. No overheating or anything. Also, the Corsair logo on the pump went from white to red.

I am experiencing similar issues whereby fan RPMs are all over the show spinning up and down and does not respond to fan profile settings to try and stabilize it

I am experiencing similar issues whereby fan RPMs are all over the show spinning up and down and does not respond to fan profile settings to try and stabilize it

Same, rolling back to 4.2.4.25 fixed it but only with "remove configuration settings" set.

Reporting a bug with Corsair Link using AX1500i. Here are the info you request:

1. Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.3.0.154, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
    v4.3.0.154
  2. What version of Windows you're using.
    Windows 10 Pro x64
  3. Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
    Wrong efficiency numbers on Corsair Link from AX1500i. 12V power consumption not considered.
  4. Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.

The power consumption section always shows 0W on the 12V line. The Amps indicator changes, but the wattage is not calculated. As a side effect of that, the efficiency is not calculated correctly.

12V power consumption also showing 0W on previous version (v4.2.4.25), but efficiency is calculated correctly in that case. Input power it's wrong too on current version, maybe as a consequence of the previous miscalculations (regression from previous version).
  5. Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Thank you for your attention. Feel free to ask for more information/tests if needed.

CorsairLink4_2016-10-22_16-19-55.thumb.png.3c16708052422668593e56f0e71507bc.png

Same issue here with v4.3.0.154 on Windows 10 in combination with the H110i GT. Exiting/killing/uninstalling Link fixes the fan RPM bursts. Didn't experience this issue on older versions.

Also seeing CorsairLink4.Service.exe errors in Windows. Also see attached screenshot.

link.PNG.3c519d83f6200418b07949d8898c2c79.PNG

Same crashing under Win10

Here are the details of the Reliability Monitor.

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.Service.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: CorsairLink4.Service.exe

Application Version: 4.3.0.154

Application Timestamp: 57c697f6

Fault Module Name: StackHash_2beb

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: PCH_F2_FROM_ntdll+0x0006E1BC

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 10.0.14393.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 2beb

Additional Information 2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46

Additional Information 3: 34b8

Additional Information 4: 34b85e01dbe9529312a819250a584bb2

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 97f65e969202e5d23070baa6f28997a3 (116238184642)

Just an update to my above post.

I disabled the Data Execution Prevention that flagged this error (Problem Event Name: BEX)

Since then, Corsair link no longer crashes on my win10 system after a temp event is reached. This is not an elegant solution and definitely should be addressed by Corsair. This is not a guaranteed fix, just something that worked in my instance.

Steps:

1. run CMD as administrator

2. type to disable: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

3. reboot system

Verify:

1. control panel / system / Advanced systems settings / advanced tab / (performance) settings button / Data Execution Prevention tab.

2. Verify all options are grayed out.

To re-enable DEP type the following and reboot: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn

Do this at your own risk, DEP is important for blocking code from using the memory section allocated for Windows.

I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 (v1511). I tried v4.3.0.154 of CorsairLink and have had no end of "CorsairLink "Has stopped working" errors, to the extent that the "Windows Reliability Monitor" shows my system's reliability at about 2 when before, it was close to 10! The only faulting application is CorsairLink4.

Apart from the frequent "stops" mainly after resuming from sleep, the link software works as stated. This problem used to happen with earlier versions but stopped with the previous version, it's now happening again with the new version.

One other thing the fan speeds after the latest version continuously wandered, which never happened before. Setting the profile to "Silent" stopped the wandering.

I am running Windows 10 Pro (v1607, x64). I tried v4.3.0.154. It detected my Intel SSD, which the previous version did not. That was nice! Unfortunately, the Corsair Link 4 service crashes upon shutdown. It also crashes when the computer enters sleep mode. Also, most of my previous configuration settings did not carry over. I have reverted back to the previous version for now. The sleep mode issue worries me.

I have had the crash since forever. When ever computer enters sleep I see first som .net related crash and right after Corsair Link crash. Have reported this but no help on the matter.

I thought it was solved by changing region to US but nope it came back.

Hi , BETA support for Vengeance LED memory modules not working for me ..

I have an asus z170-a , any issues ?

Ty

Just tested this, works for me, have the same memory and chipset but on a MSI M7 board.

To be honest nothing exciting, it just changes the breathing to regular glow red.

I prefer the original. But it does work for me atleast.

Just an update to my above post.

I disabled the Data Execution Prevention that flagged this error (Problem Event Name: BEX)

Since then, Corsair link no longer crashes on my win10 system after a temp event is reached. This is not an elegant solution and definitely should be addressed by Corsair. This is not a guaranteed fix, just something that worked in my instance.

Steps:

1. run CMD as administrator

2. type to disable: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

3. reboot system

Verify:

1. control panel / system / Advanced systems settings / advanced tab / (performance) settings button / Data Execution Prevention tab.

2. Verify all options are grayed out.

To re-enable DEP type the following and reboot: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn

Do this at your own risk, DEP is important for blocking code from using the memory section allocated for Windows.

That only works if you disable Secure Boot or at least on my system.

I had to disable SB in the bios before I could disable DEP. It stays disabled as long as you don't re enable SB, as soon as you do then Windows re enables DEP.

I would like to know as well if x99 support can be added. I dropped quite a bit of money on this RAM and I wish I had known beforehand. I had to RMA it and waited to long, now I can't return it. 128GB of DDR4 is not cheap, and I would love to control the lights on all my modules, 8 sticks of ram all pulsing at a different rate is rather annoying and quite the eyesore. Why weren't they static from the factory?

Archived