Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2PT Problems at 400Mhz

rp71

Hi everyone,

System Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200

Abit kv8 Pro

k8t800 Pro chipset

Asus Geforce 6800 GT V9999GT AGP (although I've tried ati 9800pro and geforce 2)

2 x CMX512-3200CPT (XMS3202v1.2) 0350100 400Mhz 512Mb

I've been running my PC now for just about a year and have had a lot of intermitant problems. After a lot of testing and playing over the year I have limited it down to the memory. I have two twin X modules which were purchased together in december 03. I have tried everything people have suggested on the forum but can't get my system stable running the memory set to 400mhz. I've tried all setting the memory to cas 2, i've upped the voltage, i've changed the memory timings and yet it still produces an unstable system. I've tested the memory using memtest plus 1.4 (http://www.memtest.org/) and it produces a load of errors at test number 5 at around the 940-1000mb range. I've tested the memory individually and all appears fine, even at 400mhz. However if i drop the speed of the memory down to 333Mhz in the bios and use all default memory timings the system works fine and all tests in memtest pass. However the system is sometimes unstable but not as much. I'm not happy running at 333Mhz as I purchased memory to run at 400mhz. There are only two slots on the motherboard for memory so I can't try different slots. I've also tried another motherboard (asus k8v deluxe) with the same chipset but thats the same too.

Can anyone help me to get my memory running at 400mhz as its intended. I'm thinking maybe the memory is slightly faulty as for it not to run at 400mhz. Also it appears so many people on this forum seem to be having the same problems with the k8t800 Pro chipset based motherboards.

Please advise on what to do next. If all else fails I'm tempted to just buy some more modules and hope they work ok.

many thanks

Richard

• Corsair Employee

Please follow the directions under "I think I have a bad module" under this forum or if you have trouble, Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

So I take it the modules are faulty?

I live in the UK, is the procedure the same for the UK, or do I need to send the modules to somewhere in the UK or Europe. Also do I email the same place for RMA #? The memory is over 12 months old so I doubt overclockers.co.uk will replace as its over 12 months.

many thanks

Richard

• Corsair Employee
Well I am not sure it is the memory that is the problem, but my suggestion was to go ahead and lets get them replaced and see if that solves the problem. And I would talk to your reseller and see if they will help you. If not you can submit the RMA directly to us and we will be happy to replace them!

Archived