Corsair Community

K70 LUX and MX blue issues

Cupelix14

Normally I don't complain just to complain. But a bit of background. I've been looking for an RGB mech with MX Blue switches for some time now. When seeing back in December that the Strafe was issued with updated lighting and MX blues I went for it. I was shocked when the spacebar was basically unusable and a lot of the other keys would stick. Obviously no good for typing or gaming. Okay, must just be something with the unit I got. So I returned it. Hook up the second unit. And...again, a spacebar that's almost worthless, and different keys that start sticking. Some keys don't work at all unless they're hit dead-center.

After that, I returned the second unit and bailed. When I saw that the K70 LUX was available in MX blue, I did a bit of research and found information where I could. After seeing a post (from a Corsair rep, no less) that the previous QC/issues with this switch was resolved, I said "sweet" and ordered a K70 LUX.

Here's where my explosion of frustration comes in. The spacebar was somewhat wobbly, but better than the 2 Strafes I got. However, a lot of the other keys were just as bad. Backspace 100% useless unless hit dead center. Half of the regular small keys didn't feel consistent with each other, much less a properly functioning MX blue switch. On top of that, a headache-inducing whine when the LEDs are lit.

What else can I say? The QC is not there. Sorry Corsair, but if you can't properly control the quality of a product bearing your name and using this switch, then do not sell models with this switch. If you cannot sell a product without an unpleasant audible noise emission, then don't sell that product until you get it together.

Needless to say my K70 LUX went back for a refund. I have always stood by Corsair as a brand and recommended it to friends and clients. This experience with 3 lemons (months apart and even after the issues were claimed to be resolved) has left such a sour taste in my mouth that now I'm not sure I'll be recommending the brand or purchasing any Corsair products until it feels like QC is important.

Can I ask how many days you kept the keyboard?

Other users in this forum complained about the blue switches not being consistent, but after "breaking them in" for ~1 week they reported the keys were all fine. Someone even posted a video, I can't find the link right now though.

Can I ask how many days you kept the keyboard?

Other users in this forum complained about the blue switches not being consistent, but after "breaking them in" for ~1 week they reported the keys were all fine. Someone even posted a video, I can't find the link right now though.

Did not keep beyond a day. MX blues being slightly inconsistent or a little 'scratchy' at first and requiring a little break-in period is one thing. I've used blues before. What I've experienced on 3 Corsair keyboards now using MX blues is absolutely not normal and goes beyond any reasonable expectation of breaking in new switches. The high pitched noise would also not be fixed by breaking in the new switches and is quite unacceptable for a keyboard at this price point.

I just got the K70 Lux in MX blue... I didn't think there was anything wrong with the back key or the space bar.... Maybe the textured space bar made it feel wobbly? It does seem slippery compared to the other keys which are matte

I just got the K70 Lux in MX blue... I didn't think there was anything wrong with the back key or the space bar.... Maybe the textured space bar made it feel wobbly? It does seem slippery compared to the other keys which are matte

When did you purchase it? Are any of the keys stiff?

I have the textured spacebar on a Strafe with MX browns and it's basically perfect. The K70 with blues had the keycap on the spacebar feel really loose. The key itself was mushy and didn't always actuate properly. Similar to the issue when I tried the Strafe with blues, just less pronounced.

Archived