Corsair Community

Bad stick of VS512MB400C3

Crashes99

Hello,

VS512MB400C3

I am running dual channel Value select 2X512. I do not overclock either. I have had great luck and no problems. I play DAoC, HL2, Doom3 and Planetside with no trouble. I just got World of Warcraft and tried to install the game. No luck. I called Blizzard tech support and they gave me lots of stuff top test. I installed and ran Wndows Memory Diagnostic....per Blizzard tech support and failed the test. I found the bad stick of memory it will fail Strides6, WMATS+ and WINVC. I kept it out and was able to install the game and play it fine. With the other good stick of 512. How do I get a RMA number and do I need to send both sticks of memory in or just one? Works great with 512 but would love to have another good stick of it.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Hi Ram Guy,

Motherboard: Abit NF7 2.0 Rev. Bios up to date

CPU: Athlon XP 2800+

Video Card: Radeon 9800 Pro 256

On-board sound

HD: Seagate 120g SATA

FSB=166

Multiplier Factor=12.5

Setting of memory: Optimal 7/3/3/3.0

Not over clocking or increasing any voltage on the CPU, Memory ect.

Setting in Bios:

Enhanced PCI: Enabled

CPU Disconnect: Enabled

CPU Interface: Enabled

System BIOS Cacheable: Disabled

Video RAM Cacheable: Disabled

When I boot up with both sticks of memory it shows Dual boot enabled and DDR333. I guess I am confused on what you mean by 100%. If I increase the FSB to 200 and back off the Multi factor to say 10X for the CPU it will not boot up. I have tried a 100 different setting. The only one I can get to work is the default.

I also have another computer same MB, but have the Corsair XMS dual channel 2X512. I run FSB 210 X 10.5 and it runs great.

• Corsair Employee

Please test them one at a time and lets make sure one is not failing. If you get errrors please see bellow. And I would try these settings set manually.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Warranty@corsairmemory.com. Or you can also use the On Line RMA Request Form as well.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to rma@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Archived