Corsair Community

HELP - K70 non RGB and win 10 Pro

Studge

Afternoon all!

I upgraded from Windows 7 ultimate yesterday to Windows 10 pro

And once I did my K70 stopped working!

I plugged a crappy old usb keyboard in works perfectly, so I went through the motions of adding anti virus etc... while trying to get windows to recognise my K70

Well after 2-4 restarts later my K70 just turn on and worked fully, all media keys etc.. lights everything, i was very pleased

This morning I turned on my PC K70 working, Win10 updated restarted and K70 off... nothing again

What the flying **** is going off?

My K70 didn't miss a beat on Win7.......

HELP please :sigh!:

Win 10 has a tendency to uninstall programs/drivers when doing certain upgrades, CUE seems to fall under these things being removed.

Run again the CUE installer and choose the repair option, or if it doesn't work uninstall and re-install CUE from scratch.

Win 10 has a tendency to uninstall programs/drivers when doing certain upgrades, CUE seems to fall under these things being removed.

Run again the CUE installer and choose the repair option, or if it doesn't work uninstall and re-install CUE from scratch.

He has the non RGB version.

I would recommend a clean install of windows 10. Upgraded version f window 10 tends to carry with it a ton of issues

Ops, I missed the non-RGB part. He shouldn't have any issue like that in this case.

Can you try the keyboard on a different computer (maybe with Win 7)? Just to be sure it is the upgrade to Win 10 that messed it up and just not an hardware failure at the same time of the update.

He has the non RGB version.

I would recommend a clean install of windows 10. Upgraded version f window 10 tends to carry with it a ton of issues

Once Win7 upgraded to win10 i did a full reset to a fresh win10 :cool:

Update:

When win10 first boots up K70 works as should

but if win10 restarts K70 stops working (not recognised)

Turn PC off, wait 10 secs, turn back on K70 works as should....

IDEAS? lmao :sigh!:

I've contacted Microsoft, they have no control over equipment drivers apparently :(:

So I've contacted Corsair and Asus(motherboard)

Update:

When win10 first boots up K70 works as should

but if win10 restarts K70 stops working (not recognised)

Turn PC off, wait 10 secs, turn back on K70 works as should....

IDEAS? lmao :sigh!:

I've contacted Microsoft, they have no control over equipment drivers apparently :(:

So I've contacted Corsair and Asus(motherboard)

since oyu did a fresh install i dont think its a windwos issue. Check for chipset and bios updates

Thanks for you help

But ive managed to do it myself, in Windows power settings, My USB ports was set to turn off selectively, I disabled this and my K70 is now fully working as should :-)

I hope this can help someone else

That is so annoying!!! I had that happen when I upgraded to 10 too, but it was some other hardware that was messed up from it and I can't remember was now ... OH, it was both my mouse and my keyboard - when I had a logitech wireless dongle - the usb would time out and there goes the keyboard and the mouse and anything else in a usb.

Archived