Corsair Community

AX1200i Refurbished PSU

Bigbrother

Hello all, I have a crossfire setup but have recently added another r9 290 to my system. I have an OCZ 1000W PSU which is cutting very close in terms of power requirements with the addition of the third r9 290... So I was thinking of getting a 1200w PSU from Corsair.

Now I have realised that Scan Computers in the UK have been selling AX1200i factory refurbished units. I have never bought refurbished goods before although I do buy like-new second hand parts and have had no problems with them. But since I have no experience with refurbished PSU's I wanted to ask anyone that has experience with Corsair refurbished PSU's...

Do Scan refurbish them here in the UK or does it get sent to the factory? The warranty on the refurbished units is 1 year which is what is scaring me. I have seen lots of unhappy customers complaining about the AX1200i not working properly, dying multiple times, making fan noises as well coil noises etc. Now I know that these AX1200i units have been refurbished but are they really up to the standards of the original units? How is the quality of the refurbished units? Are they from the new batches or from the old batches? The price is 50 per cent less than the new AX1200i's so its much cheaper (140 pounds vs 275 pounds) ...

Thanks in advance for the answers...

• Administrators

We refurbish items in the factory. Stores do not refurbish items.

I always recommend purchasing a new item due to the much longer warranty. Refurbished items have a 1 year warranty, whereas a new AX1200i has a 7 year warranty.

Thank you for your reply... I know getting a new product is always better and 7 year warranty is great however its worth twice more than the refurbished one. I can spend that money on other components. I know there is a difference between the refurbished and the new in terms that one is a used product and the other one is a new product. Anyhow, I was wondering how the quality of the refurbished units are. It is still a corsair brand and even if its refurbished should be up to a good standard to be resold... That was what I was wondering about, the actual quality of the refurbished vs the new...

Thanks...

Archived